Discuss Wet saw problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

Do you have the guard attached ? Is the piece of metal holding the guard bent ? sounds like its not inline with the blade.
It could also be the marker guide is not set parallel with the cutting wheel and therefore causing a jamb.
If its the wheel it self then just hold a pencil to the wheel and turn the wheel by hand. You will then see how much it is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bushwhacker1

When cutting large format tiles on a flat bed then if insufficient water is getting to the blade then it will heat up and in turn will bend as you cut.. the blade must be kept cool to cut in a straight line..

You can get blades that are suitable for wet and dry cut and if the blade you have is the original blade then up grade to a better blade..

Yes, it is the original blade - any recommendations on which one to upgrade to?

Thanks to everyone else for their input as well..

Reply to Wet saw problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I'm new to the forum and after a bit of advice on a new wet saw. I've read all the...
Replies
Views
Im looking to buy a bigger wet saw, maybe sell the 9p, upgrade to the 10m... Before I do, is...
Replies
Views
S
G
Hi, We had a partial wet room installed in our first floor bathroom over 3 years ago by a...
Replies
Views
Gemma
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Wet saw problem
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.