Discuss wet start to hols!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tenchman

Officially started my hols on Friday 10th sept ( it would have been funnier on 13th) i thought to go fishing try a new rod etc so opted for a water from my club prince albert set in the countryside near the R.severn about a 124 mile trip.
got there mid morning spoke to two members already fishing, set up and relaxed had cup of tea, caught some decent fish off & on all day = brilliant no tiling to worry about just really lovely relaxing time. the other two guys came over to say they were off home.

At that moment one of my rods was violently pulled in i jumped to get it (fav rod ) part of the parapet (fishing on a dam end ) gave way and i ended up falling in :thumbsdown::yikes: really cold lads you know what mean took air out of my lungs. but i managed to rescue my rod with fish still on (landed it when i got back out)

my wallet mobile etc etc all drenched ,the bank was undercut so couldn't get out unaided, so after laughin for a bit the other two helped me out.

Had to drive in wet gear & wellies for 124 miles back to liverpool. left arm looks shredded in parts from bramble's and had bruises etc all over plus swimmimg in wet gear & wellies is a bit iffy.

lost my watch & mobile to the water but will be vigilant next time i go there. sandstone had been damaged with spalling and was like cheese.

hope rest of hols go better :lol::hurray: hope this gives people like Phil a grin !

Reply to wet start to hols!!!!!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi all, new here so hope you can bear with me. Have already read loads of posts that partly...
Replies
Views
tennisnut
T
V
Advice requested, we are novices about to start a wet room and would like advice to make sure...
Replies
Views
DHTiling
D
O
I would appreciate advice for my project for my wet-room project. Having already received some...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
I hate these types of companies. Check this out. A company named Group 3 Energy setup some...
Replies
Views
I did a couple of bathrooms for a customer just over two years ago in a bungalow. Approx. 13...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
wet start to hols!!!!!!!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.