Discuss What a day: HS & E in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

davy_G

Busy day today finishing a bathroom then farming duties the rest of the day.

I was collecting a few tools at my parents house when i saw an ambulance coming up their lane, it splits off onto my sisters building site. I knew no one was at home with the folks so guided the ambulance to the site.

My mate, the builder had fallen off some 'questionable' scaffolding at a fair height head first and landed on his neck.
To cut a long story short half his scalp was hanging off with what looked like a fractured skull, it turned out the skull and brain are OK in the ct scan...for now.
He has a broken bone in his neck and back and fluid in the lungs. If he had fallen slightly differently he would have damaged the spinal cord.

Speaking to his wife this evening she couldnt believe how lucky they where. She says that with the hindsight of sitting a few hours earlier thinking the worst. He has a broken back, neck and severe head truma and as his wife says very lucky.

I must admit i said a prayer or two today, something i dont normally do.
If there is one thing we can all take from this is please take time to make everything as safe as is reasonably practible. If it costs another hour or day on the job then it it worth it to go home to your loved ones in one bit. Dont let lady luck decide for you....

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What a day: HS & E in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
It was his first day today. I found him on mybuilder. He wasn't the cheapest quote and I chose...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi All. Just been to see the Wizard of Oz @3_fall . Met Marc onsite today to pick up some...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
What a day: HS & E
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.