UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What Adhesive To Use On Marble BorderTiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Sorry if this posted in the worng section, but I have some marble border tiles that I am trying
to use, problem is that the adhesive just push's out of the small gap between the little tiles
and I spent ages trying to get the glue out of all the gaps....at present I am just using plain waterproof
wall tile adhesive (Travis Perkins)
Is there a better adhesive to use for these type of IMG_1952.jpg tiles that does not ouse out of the small gaps?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
You really want to be using a mosaic trowel - these are square notched and don't collapse as much as V notch or curved so less oozing into the joints. That said, it looks like the field tiles are a bit thicker than your border tiles so you need to pad this out first so as to reduce the bed of adhesive you need.
This can be done using cement board or Dog toothing.

Last edited:

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Dave beat me to it!

Also use a grout float to gently bed them in flush with the field tiles as this reduces oozing through joints.
Should any addy squeeze through then resist the temptation to clean the joints up straight away as you will end up disturbing them, let the addy go off a fair bit first, then clean them up.

Oh and you want to be using white adhesive

Last edited:
D

DHTiling

Dave beat me to it!

Also use a grout float to gently bed them in flush with the field tiles as this reduces oozing through joints.
Should any addy squeeze through then resist the temptation to clean the joints up straight away as you will end up disturbing them, let the addy go off a fair bit first, then clean them up.

Your dog toothing is better than the one i posted, lol.. phil called in dog earing..

anyway top link mate..:)

Thanks Lads, went down to Wicks and the closest I could get was Flexible quick drying adhesive (sets in 2 hours) and is white in colour.

Seems to spread like in the pictures in the link that Dave posted and does not ouse out of the gaps like the water proof wall tile adhesive............that was about 2 hours ago, seems to be ok, gave them a gentle wipe over with a damp cloth and I might take off the first lot and refix again using the same method.

Thanks again, and the replies were so quick, had about 4 replies within about 10 mins of posting :)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What Adhesive To Use On Marble BorderTiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.