Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss what brand of diamond cutters do you use... in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Bri .do you really mean that you can only get 10 holes from a bit on porcelain from ats.I may be misunderstanding you but my from a professional point of view we just want the best value diamond drill bit that we can get that does the job.It's all down to mathematics I suppose on how many holes you can drill with a cheap bit and how many you can drill with more expensive and possibly quality bit and then take in to consideration how long the cheaper bit took to drill the hole and in case of porcelain the cleanliness of hole cut .I have to say that iam totally nonplussed by other fixer s understandings of drill bits .In my view there is the cheap deal that should appeal to DIY one off job and the professional diamond core that is far more expensive but much cheaper long run.The confusion comes in my view with the muddying of waters by suppliers who suggest that their cheap one job option is suitable for the professional.

J

jonnyc

Bri it is is not just the quality of hole cut t hat matters because to be honest most holes are covered by a cover plate.
But from my experience it is fact that a quality bit that might cost many times more than a cheap bit is so much more cost effective in the long run.
i guess it all comes down to how many holes a tradesperson drills on a regular basis.
We have 15 quality drill bits in the box which has cost a lot of money but long term for a professional that drills regularily this is a must.
if you want me to expand further i can do so from experience but I would rather not reveal what I really think here about the cheap bits that are ok for one off or a couple of jobs.I do not include ats drill bits in my thought s as I have never tried them.

P

Protilers

I think its horses for courses....if you were a starter you are not going to invest I have a top of the range kit from Marchrist or rodia etc........I have a marchrist set and I use it daily... and know it will drill some holes tommorrow.....cost a few quid mind.....
and on the flipside I have used cheap cores......and with the cheaper ones you never know when they are going to die on you so you need spares......just a fact...........

However, none have ever been "truly" disposable until I tried the ATS ones.....they are soooo inexpensive that I would have to concider them.....not to mention I spent all night with the lads trying to burn it out!!!!

all the best

Lee

Reply to what brand of diamond cutters do you use... in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being...
Replies
Views
I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Let us know which brand of tiles adhesive you use. And the price per bag trade if possible...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone 🙂.My friend has a cheap ceramic cutting machine that i don't like working with. it...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what brand of diamond cutters do you use...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 30.7%