Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss what brand of diamond cutters do you use... in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

I

ian158

Bri it is is not just the quality of hole cut t hat matters because to be honest most holes are covered by a cover plate.
But from my experience it is fact that a quality bit that might cost many times more than a cheap bit is so much more cost effective in the long run.
i guess it all comes down to how many holes a tradesperson drills on a regular basis.
We have 15 quality drill bits in the box which has cost a lot of money but long term for a professional that drills regularily this is a must.
if you want me to expand further i can do so from experience but I would rather not reveal what I really think here about the cheap bits that are ok for one off or a couple of jobs.I do not include ats drill bits in my thought s as I have never tried them.

What are your preferred choice of bits..which is the reason for my post..to find out what is more cost effective..Im currently working in saudi training guys to install hygiene equipment in hotels and offices..kitting them out with the correct tools..some have bits of wood as hammers ! ... they always tend use the grout line, but doesn't always mean the items they are fitting are symmetrical or work from a centre line, and most, if not all stuff here is Chinese rubbish ! ..so want to import some decent stuff as a lot of the tiles are porcelain.. and are doing some 72 holes a day using 5 mm plugs..so want decent as I am finding doing appraisals for these tech... that cheap is costing them more in time and money..out of 10 hrs a day 6.8hrs is gaffing !

J

jonnyc

I will be honest and if I have ever needed to drill such a hole with those sizes , I have never managed it. The bit just folded over and disintegrated.
Well there lies the answer does it not.!!!
try a Marcrist 6mm drill bit and then come back and report.
i will add that I don't just use Marcrist.
Horses for courses is the expression is it not ?
sorry , I just have a real bug bear about the cheap rubbish drill bits on market.
sell them in DIY stores . That's fine
but for suppliers to come on a forum and suggest that they are for professionals and try and compare them with a quality product that surprise surprise costs loads more is insulting.

P

Protilers

Ian.....smaller holes I.e 6mm always burn out the quickest IMO......but if you are paying sub 10p per hole you are on a winner IMO........and you can get that from a top of the range set of drills or some good quality cheap ones.........personally, if you are working with guys that are not familiar with expensive kit then I would not give them it (you need your drilling speed right, hammer action off, torque cranked down etc..).........
I would supply them with the inexpensive option that way it only costs you £2......not £60.......but thats me.....

more horses for courses Eh Johnny!!!!

enjoy you night mate......great stuff you are doing BTW!

Lee

G

Gazzer

Well there lies the answer does it not.!!!
try a Marcrist 6mm drill bit and then come back and report.
i will add that I don't just use Marcrist.
Horses for courses is the expression is it not ?
sorry , I just have a real bug bear about the cheap rubbish drill bits on market.
sell them in DIY stores . That's fine
but for suppliers to come on a forum and suggest that they are for professionals and try and compare them with a quality product that surprise surprise costs loads more is insulting.

Cant comment on the 6mm but I do have a 115mm Marcrist and a 365 drill and no difference.
Also a 65mm 365 drills and lost count of the holes that has done. Its the smaller ones I have trouble with although I do have a 8mm Marcrist, I dont drill those holes.

Reply to what brand of diamond cutters do you use... in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being...
Replies
Views
I need advice on score and snap cutting of large porcelain tiles, lets say, over 1000 mm long...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Let us know which brand of tiles adhesive you use. And the price per bag trade if possible...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone 🙂.My friend has a cheap ceramic cutting machine that i don't like working with. it...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what brand of diamond cutters do you use...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 23 26.1%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 30.7%