Discuss What do you do? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I started out just tiling but the bloke I worked for started to take on full bathrooms due to lack of time keeping of other trades (they normally had bigger commitments to be fair, it wasn't like these days where many trades need all the work they can get) so I got into bathroom side of plumbing a bit and we generally did a lot of full bathroom fits during the end of my time with the bloke. Underfloor heating installations as well as we used to sell it. Loved all the conservatory jobs in the summer. Used to make a minter (again, not the same times as now).

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
Full on Bespoke tile and stone installer... in plain words.. A Tiler..:)

nah dave your a stone fixer :smilewinkgrin:

The reason i ask is i find more and more people i speak too they say they have had a quote for everything and the same guy will do the whole job,but when they look at the price its cheaper to employ individual trades.

First and foremost i am a tiler ,i can plaster but i dont,i can even do a bit of plumbing but i dont.

D

DHTiling

nah dave your a stone fixer :smilewinkgrin:

The reason i ask is i find more and more people i speak too they say they have had a quote for everything and the same guy will do the whole job,but when they look at the price its cheaper to employ individual trades.

First and foremost i am a tiler ,i can plaster but i dont,i can even do a bit of plumbing but i dont.

Do you ever get the.. Whilst you are here can you..:lol:..

Reply to What do you do? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I recently visited an establishment and went to use the facilities and this was it! I was...
Replies
Views
Just wondered what would be best? The original tiles had a few hairline cracks from the house...
Replies
Views
What would you guys do with the walls to prep for fitting 1200mm x 600mm Onice Verde (Porcelain)...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

mz30

Arms
TF
liverpool

Thread Information

Title
What do you do?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.