Discuss What do you guys think of the TTA 's in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

doing there inspections for expert witness info , this trouble i have with a job looks like it is going to court ,and we are trying to agree an expert witness but i 'am wondering if they just look at say my workmanship when i need them to look at the materials and there suitability :mad2: for purpose & BS standards, do they cover stuff like this or just look at the tiles ? :thumbsup: thanks for any replies

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I don't honestly know Dave. I'm going through court with one of my jobs from last year. We had an expert out but not from the TTA. he did an overal report that basically covered the instalation, asthetics and suitability, and wether it conformed to British Standards. I gave him a list of products used and he did contact the manufacturers to see if they were fit for purpose but that's as far as it went.
Blinding report though! Back in cout 30th July to hopefully get judgement and you never know I may even get paid!
Completed the job June 2012

S

Spud

i have seen 3 tta reports form 3 different customers and i have to say they were very thorough and the guys that did them definitely had expert knowledge of tiling , substrate prep and material knowledge the only issue i saw in the reports were that in 2 of them they offered solutions on how the jobs could be improved to come within bs tolerances , to be honest i looked at 2 of the jobs and even with the suggested repairs neither would still have satisfied the customers expectation and neither would have been classed as well finished jobs .
I guess that once a job goes wrong and the customer has gone to the point of legal proceedings what they normally want is a full rip out and re-install of new products which is rare and normally minor changes are made to try to make it better. so is it worth the money ?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What do you guys think of the TTA 's in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views
Hi all Having a bit of a mare; after having my last shower installation botched (but thankfully...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
L
    • Agree
I was just wondering how many of you have seen the nominations for this years TTA awards, some...
Replies
Views
Paulmilknosugar
P
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB