Guest viewing is limited

Discuss what do you think about this kind of tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Time's Ran Out

here is a job I tiled using them

That's the one - Sorry Gary I thought it was your job I mentioned earlier but its an age thing!
All I do remember was its as good as I thought it was from memory.
If you had a minute it would be helpful if you could describe the pitfalls to this type of tile for the thread starter as I think they are not aware of its porosity and location of useage!
IMO this material is too absorbent to be used outside.

S

Spud

when ever i fit these tiles I always install them using the sand and cement method ,firstly I soak the tiles over night to reduce the suction from the tiles once fitted and thorouhgly dried out I impregnante the tiles with impregnotor and finish with paste wax buffed off with a rotary buffing machine ,as these tiles are cement encaustic it is very common to get effloresence even when sticking them with adhesive, if this happens i normally use wire wool to clean them and it seems to do the trick I would recommend 1 mm joints as any wider looks terrible with these tiles imo ,they cut nicely on a wet cutter never tried scoring and snapping them but I imagine a block cutter would work very well with these types of tiles, I cant really see a problem with using these tiles outside other than slip resistance issues and freeze and thaw issues (which could be dealt with with uncoupling membrane )

Reply to what do you think about this kind of tile in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
HI, Excuse the length and new thread, but it reads super fast. I could use some advice. There...
Replies
Views
eric123
E
Dear TilersForum Thank you so much for the outstanding advice and expert information over time...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, would love some advice In my new house we are putting a kitchen into a 30sqm room at...
Replies
Views
richiedc
R
Hi We've knocked through our kitchen and dining room and taken up old stone/porcelain tiles in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Balham SW12 0NJ,

Thread Information

Title
what do you think about this kind of tile
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.