Guest viewing is limited

Discuss what floorboards to put down, and where to buy them in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

K

k13wjd

sorry, my bad, i should have gone into a little more detail

Its a cast concrete house - so all the upstairs ( and downstairs lighting) cables run across the floor upstairs. As do my new central heating pipes.

Hence why i'm leaving the orig 35mm batons in, and replacing the floorboards ( old ones were well and truely done ( 50 years old, guess someone had a major leak at one point, and never changed them)

thanks once again guys

K

k13wjd

ah, yes its "No fines"

I know that because to drill through it is the biggest bar steward of my life. Last time i needed to drill 6 10mm holes, 50mm deep, took me best part of 4 hours with a large sds drill. seems my walls are full of pebbles and the like.

Core-cutting the flue for my boiler was an interesting day !

Anyway, this doesnt help me with which floor to lay, and where to get it.

i'm gonna guess and say just laying the 25mm will end up cheapest, and therefore good for me.

The 35x35mm doesnt seem to he held down by much ( old nails from a nasty nailgun into the concrete, most of which are loose)

should i find a way of re-securing these batons, or just leave them "floating" ?

Reply to what floorboards to put down, and where to buy them in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, first post. I’m currently doing a job on my house where we’ve moved the kitchen and...
Replies
Views
I am currently redoing a bathroom. Floor is to be tiled with porcelain tiles. The floor is 22mm...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
J
Existing floor covering is 18mm T&G floorboards. If you had to replace some floor joists, and to...
Replies
Views
Mark jude
M
C
Hi all, I'm not much of a forum poster, and am also new here to this one. Additionally, in...
Replies
Views
GoneGuy
G

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what floorboards to put down, and where to buy them
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.