Discuss What is with other trades? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Just been back today to fit a screen and a bit of siliconing on a wetroom I've done. Was looking great until I looked in the room this morning to see this mess all over the floor.

photo-15.jpg photo-16.jpg

Plumber kindly burnt out 2x 6mm core drill bits of mine that I left there, to drill channel for the screen. He cut bigger holes in plasterboard for sink pipes and let debris fall on floor, drilled wall with my core bits and left mess down wall. Sparky comes in then and puts holes in ceiling for spotlights, doesn't think to catch falling plaster. Between them, they then use my bucket and sponge and wipe it all down forcing all wet plaster dust into my newly grouted floor. No dust sheets down, nothing.

I went ape with them, and asked who was going to pay me for having to clean it up again. I don't mind cleaning my own crap but not anyone elses', especially when they leave it on my new floor.

Rant over.

S

system3

Hi, I'm a mod from the plumbers forum, just dropped by to see what's happening.

Disrespect for anyones work is shocking and I know how you feel. Courtesy is free and should not be held to ransom as some do. Without stereotyping any trade, I always find that sparks are the messiest, must be because they mistakenly believe that they are top dog in the building industry and that cleaning up is beneath them.

By the way on every bathroom install, I carry a wetvac and wash down and clean up the job every day. Customers appreciate a clean and tidy job with minimum mess.

If I was you mate, I'd send them the bloody bill!

*Hi Redsaw, you over here visiting too?!!!

I

Ian

Have they been subbied in by you, or are they separate? I've been tiling a floor before and the sparks were fitting the sockets and lights, they were letting all the wire ends drop onto the floor and fall into the ungrouted joints! I used some blue language that day!

- - - Updated - - -

depends if it was spotless in the first place:/
folk tend to leave as found/same as, if it were spotless then more care taken.

Arent you meant to be going to the cinema? :lol:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
depends if it was spotless in the first place:/
folk tend to leave as found/same as, if it were spotless then more care taken.

Yeah I generally leave my floors like that and then I tell the customer not to pay me as it's shoddy workmanship and I wouldn't pay for work like that!!!!

It was tiled by a tiler not a plumber :smilewinkgrin:

R

REDSAW34

Hi, I'm a mod from the plumbers forum, just dropped by to see what's happening.

Disrespect for anyones work is shocking and I know how you feel. Courtesy is free and should not be held to ransom as some do. Without stereotyping any trade, I always find that sparks are the messiest, must be because they mistakenly believe that they are top dog in the building industry and that cleaning up is beneath them.

By the way on every bathroom install, I carry a wetvac and wash down and clean up the job every day. Customers appreciate a clean and tidy job with minimum mess.

If I was you mate, I'd send them the bloody bill!

*Hi Redsaw, you over here visiting too?!!!

you was.lol!!

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Just been back today to fit a screen and a bit of siliconing on a wetroom I've done. Was looking great until I looked in the room this morning to see this mess all over the floor.

View attachment 47475 View attachment 47476

Plumber kindly burnt out 2x 6mm core drill bits of mine that I left there, to drill channel for the screen. He cut bigger holes in plasterboard for sink pipes and let debris fall on floor, drilled wall with my core bits and left mess down wall. Sparky comes in then and puts holes in ceiling for spotlights, doesn't think to catch falling plaster. Between them, they then use my bucket and sponge and wipe it all down forcing all wet plaster dust into my newly grouted floor. No dust sheets down, nothing.

I went ape with them, and asked who was going to pay me for having to clean it up again. I don't mind cleaning my own crap but not anyone elses', especially when they leave it on my new floor.

Rant over.

They need telling off that's just unfair mate. They'd have been annoyed if it was their job and you messed it up.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
It's ok cos I noticed in the vanity unit that one of the plastic pipes moves ever so slightly when the water is turned on, so I've lodged a one of my snapped off bits of stanley blade behind it. Should be through it in a few weeks so plumber will get blame for the leak :thumbsup:

Not really but I felt like doing that!! :mad2:

M

Martino

No respect at all...disgusting!......leki's are all the same imo too!.....I would have told the customer to be fair.......i was fitting a kitchen a few months ago and the customers hired a leki to fit some new sockets in there living room.....he turned up 3 hours late..... straight into the living room...grinder, no dust sheet, didnt move the tv.....cream carpets!....yes the customers went pretty ape!!.....how STUPID can you actually get tho?

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

well years ago every site had general labourers ,now they have done away with them ,and they expect everyone to clean -up there own mess, these trades are so programmed into leaving mess for the labourers over the years its hard to re-train them so this is what you get!! mind -you your work was still trashed by others in them days ,i despair really !! i alway leave a clean job ready to be filled -up as that is the way i was taught over the years ,when on site if i leave the same thing happens to me ,sightseers and wall feelers ,sad -gits lol..........

B

bugs183

I agree the Sparky's are by far the worst trade on site.
It's stupid really as all their materials come in cardboard boxes, so why not leave one out under where they work, the rubbish is collected as they go. But no ,the boxes are never flattened, festooned everywhere and tails and plasterdust under every fitting.
My mate had a project and the sparky wouldn't tidy anything so he collected it all up, tails, plasterbits, boxes and dumped them all on inside his van.
:hurray:

Reply to What is with other trades? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi Tilers, this is my first question on this forum and I've got a few different areas to cover...
Replies
Views
So... have a problem maybe some of you guys (and girls) might be able to help with. Laid a new...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
F
Good evening all. I need to tile the kitchen floor over the bank holiday weekend. We are having...
Replies
Views
Futuregrout
F
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB