Discuss What makes a good tiler? How do I find a good tiler? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

garretridge

before i did my course at NETT i served my time as a mechanical engineer then a aircraft fitter so i cant say i cant say did all the nvq qualifications to become a tiler but in my opinion i have made it as a tiler over the past 3 years because i listened and learned from others and any mistakes i made sure never to repeat. And through time have become a component tiler i take my time and leave every job to a high standard and have a good repore with all my customers any problems i will fix even if it costs me a little money, time and effort.::thumbsup:
1. knowledge
2. pride
3. people skills a must seen a lot of trades including tilers without any a big mistake!

D

Daz

As said above. However, quantify a "good tiler".

I've looked at work that has been well set out and looks tidy, but was it done by a good tiler? Who knows unless you saw it being fixed or you are the one trying to remove it?
If you are always busy, does that mean you are a good tiler or a good salesman?

A demonstration of knowledge and a practical ability certainly help, but surely reputation is the only real proof of a good tiler?

Last edited by a moderator:
E

easyt

I'm not a tiler. I have done tiling jobs for self, friends and relatives. I want to do a decent job every time, but when it is for someone else (I don't except payment but I am partial to a good malt ;) ) I am even more concerned to do a good job whether tiling. flagging or whatever.

I reckon that what makes some one good at any job is attitude. Pride and concern in doing a good job and self confidence. If you have that you can gain knowledge. With the right attitude people who can are willing to help advise.

I strongly believe that if you are physically able and have the desire and attitude that there is no job that you cannot tackle well if you really want to. When I was working I trained loads of young (and not so young) lads in highway design, contract preparation and supervision. The first thing some had to learn was 'the right attitude'. After they mastered that the rest was a doddle.

What makes a good tiler is the same thing that makes a good anyone. Attitude. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to What makes a good tiler? How do I find a good tiler? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

These are kitkats on a mesh backing. Not entirely sure how the tiler has managed to do this...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I have redone the tiles (porcelain ones) in the kitchen. The grout used, BAL...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm wondering what, as a tiler, you would expect to do when you go to a job. Do you prepare...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
Hello: First time posting. Looks like a really good forum for Info. Here is my question: I'm...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
What makes a good tiler? How do I find a good tiler?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks