Discuss What one thing would you implement to 'fix' the economy ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

No thats not who or what I'm referring to , did you see me mention their likes in my post? no.

My point is more to do with bringing down the average cost of housing to make it more accessible to FTBs , which would be achieved by the above idea. You can argue about whom you want to put in that social housing at the next political debate you attend , but for now it would create jobs , roofs over peoples heads and an asset for the uk.

When was the last time you heard a politician say we need 'cheaper' housing , you haven't . The pc term they use for the masses is 'affordable' , which is a completely different thing.

Cheaper housing is a house that costs around 4 times average earnings ( about £100k ) .

Affordable housing is an expensive house ( current avg price is around 6 times average earnings or about £160k ) bought on cheap debt - the third way economic model - this model creates the illusion of wealth when in fact for most it means a bigger mortgage and a house full of cheap imported chinese tat , house prices are afterall a matter of opinion and not a matter of fact coupled with the amount of money a bank is prepared to lend.

Cheers

Diggy

I'm sure there are , but it's all relative to where you live. But getting back to point of the post , it's the construction industry that needs boosting as yet again it showed a a drop in output in yesterdays GDP figures.

Whether people want to build social housing , private housing or commercial property I don't particularly care but SOMETHING has to be done to boost construction because all that is happening is tinkering at the edges at the moment.

Funny , the government made a choice to give Irish banks £7Bil last year in order for them in turn to pay back money they owed to British banks. How about investing £7Bil in the UK economy instead of backdoor bailouts to banks.

Diggy

J

jlktiling

Stop the freeloaders, and spongers benefits, and make them all work for the councils repairing the road infastructre.

Hundreds and thousands of hard working families are on borderline poverty, but becasue they are being taxed to the hilt, they are struggling like never before.
Yet the lazy scum bags that sit on their fat behinds expecting everything, getr everything given to them!

Plus stop sending forieng aid to all countries. We need it more than they do!

Reply to What one thing would you implement to 'fix' the economy ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

T
Hi guys. Bit of a strange one this. Had a query from someone who has had tilers fitted by a...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
C
Due to the huge volume of enquiries we get for concrete countertop polishing we're looking for a...
Replies
Views
Concrete guy
C
P
there is a bit of a debate going on in the tiling world...........and I was wondering.....if you...
2 3 4
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
S
how exactly is the british economy from the view of the man on the street ie us; here in france...
Replies
Views
stephenoneill
S
I've had a couple of messages about this who has read a thread option. And I'm starting to...
2 3
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

South Woodford
Business Name
Complete Tiling Solutions

Thread Information

Title
What one thing would you implement to 'fix' the economy ?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond