Discuss What prices in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I have a good mate in oldham :)

His he the Grand Wizard of the Oldham Chapter Craig? only joking folks KKK is not a good thing, imo. But I can see a resemblance behind the mask, it could be my twin separated at birth, I believe he lives in the deep south, goes by the the name of Billy, Joe, Jim, bob, Hobson, AKA known as redneck hobbo, gun loving, half wit, but he plays a mean banjo.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
His he the Grand Wizard of the Oldham Chapter Craig? only joking folks KKK is not a good thing, imo. But I can see a resemblance behind the mask, it could be my twin separated at birth, I believe he lives in the deep south, goes by the the name of Billy, Joe, Jim, bob, Hobson, AKA known as redneck hobbo, gun loving, half wit, but he plays a mean banjo.

Good god, i was looking through photos on google and one came up with 'grand wizard' i only thought they were in harry potter , now im worried you know this about the KKK phil, im a honest to god, god fearing good old banjo playing white northerner honest :)

D

Dougs Third Go

not as good as me and my wife's nephews father brother, we just call him "pops"
[video=youtube;mpL0Q2OSRwQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpL0Q2OSRwQ[/video]

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Good god, i was looking through photos on google and one came up with 'grand wizard' i only thought they were in harry potter , now im worried you know this about the KKK phil, im a honest to god, god fearing good old banjo playing white northerner honest :)

You have nothing to worry about Craig, I worked all over the deep south of the USA, believe me triple K are alive and well, as long as you keep playing your banjo and being a "good old boy" whistle "Dixie" anytime and believe "the south will rise again" you will be fine.

You might try changing your name to something like Craig,mad dog, bear killing, all round bad *** dude.

I will send you a pointy hat, and a wooden cross, but you must read the HSE guide lines for pointy hats ( they could take someones eye out) and the wooden cross must be supervised by a competent person if you intend to burn it, fire brigade, or similar qualified person.

A grand wizard of KKK may be able to help. with the HSE God forbid anyone has been injured in the past with these harmless pranks.

You have nothing to worry about Craig, I worked all over the deep south of the USA, believe me triple K are alive and well, as long as you keep playing your banjo and being a "good old boy" whistle "Dixie" anytime and believe "the south will rise again" you will be fine.

You might try changing your name to something like Craig,mad dog, bear killing, all round bad *** dude.

I will send you a pointy hat, and a wooden cross, but you must read the HSE guide lines for pointy hats ( they could take someones eye out) and the wooden cross must be supervised by a competent person if you intend to burn it, fire brigade, or similar qualified person.

A grand wizard of KKK may be able to help. with the HSE God forbid anyone has been injured in the past with these harmless pranks.

Ha ha ha :D

C

celt

A lad comes on asking advice and get lynched by the KKK of the tiling world.
I can see poor celt now, run celt run
rygeteny.jpg

Yep, they went all guns blazing on me here in this thread lol.

Once i post pictures of this job, im wondering will they still rip me to shreds when they see its a good job. I cant get my head around why these people think i shouldnt charge if i leave a good job.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England

Imagine the KKK in high viz and hard hats

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Yep, they went all guns blazing on me here in this thread lol.

Once i post pictures of this job, im wondering will they still rip me to shreds when they see its a good job. I cant get my head around why these people think i shouldnt charge if i leave a good job.

Trust me some very protective tilers on here about there trade,a bit like me with plasterers,I hate the fact people can go on a crap coarse for a few weeks and skim a plasterboard then go out into the world put 'plasterer' on the side of the van and go and balls someone's house up,then someone like me has to go round and sort it out,get right on my boobies !
But,some good lads on here,some bloody good tilers who we can learn a lot from,which I have learnt a lot from.
Even though I served my time 'plastering/tiling, I mainly plastered/corniced for my apprenticeship,but I liked tiling and picked a lot up and done some good jobs in nearly 30 years,mind done some horrible council referbs which would make some of these on here toes curl !
Going back to your question,speed comes with experience ,my advice,take your time and make a good job,I do mainly domestic jobs,but I've just done this floor in a ex pub being made into a shop(funnily enough one of my old locals from the 80s)
80m2 in 300x300s started tiling Saturday dinner time finished grouting Tuesday tea time ,I was on my own sat,Sunday,Monday and my lad grouted on Tuesday while I was at a funeral
etusase4.jpg
7ydy5uqe.jpg
vyvaja4u.jpg

Oh and I had to tile and grout about 20m2 on the sat and put 4 big freezes on to get out the way

T

Time's Ran Out

If pricing it on the sq mtr then it should work out about 3 and half days going by the local cash in hand rates. Ill have to look at it again when the lino gets lifted to see how much prep work needs done. Thanks for you reply.

Cash in hand!
Don't forget it's all taxable so make sure you provide all your competitors with the full address and details - I'am sure one will be upset .

C

celt

Cash in hand!
Don't forget it's all taxable so make sure you provide all your competitors with the full address and details - I'am sure one will be upset .

Of course i know its taxable and will be paid. I just said its cash in hand because thats what the going rates are for cash in hand. I would never dream of not paying tax on it, esp since the country is on its knees so every little bit helps. I also encourage others to do so

- - - Updated - - -

Cash in hand!

??

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What prices in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, got a 70sqr mtr floor to do in tumbled limestone in sizes 1000mmx600 900x600 800x600...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
S
Hi all, another basic question. How best or does it matter to position tiles where they meet in...
Replies
Views
silverpuma
S
J
I am posting this in the arms instead of stone forum as i do not want the supplier of marble to...
Replies
Views
W
Hi guys I have not managed on in a while with everything I have been doing over the last few...
Replies
Views
David - Tradetiler
D
A
I am tiling the following floors in my house renovation and was wondering what the views are on...
Replies
Views
White Room
W

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB