Discuss What products......what order? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

daztheoneclaw

Hi guys. I'm renovating our bathroom and we want electric ufh. I want to ensure the job is 100% correct so I am looking for a bit of advice on the following if possible please. I have a tongue and groove floor on timber joists so I will need to cover this with a backer board? Hardibacker or Marmox? Which is deemed more suitable? Then do I fix the mat directly to this or do I need to add insulation board first? When the mat is fixed do I cover with a self leveller, if so which.......or do I just go straight for a flexible adhesive over the mat? Tiles will be Gemini Dual Core. Advice much appreciated.

D

daztheoneclaw

I would do it thus:
Screw boards to joists
Overboard with 10mm Marmox or similar insulation boards, glued and screwed - Keraquick adhesive
Fix ufh cable/mat to insulation boards
Cover cable/mat with slc - Weber Floorflex
Tile - Keraquick adhesive
Other people may do it differently.

Thanks for the reply. That is exactly the info i was after. I have tiled the ensuite and used hardiebacker to give a good stable surface to bond too. Presumably the Marmox replaces this? I presume that the Keraquick will be suitable for the wall tiles too? I used Mapai Super Flexible Adhesive in the ensuite is Keraquick more suitable due to the ufh?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What products......what order? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi I asked the Wunda technical department if I can just use a Ditra mat only and not the SLC...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB