UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss What the customer heard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Does anyone else get customers like this. What you say versus what they hear?

"That needs priming"

"Throw some pva on it"

"You will need white flexi adhesive for those tiles"

"I'll get the adhesive for you my mate can get it cheap, he reckons I just need the grey stuff, and it's cheaper"

"You don't need to skim that plasterboard, it's better left bare plus it can hold more"

"My builder says that he is going to skim everywhere so we get a real good finish, and it's better for tiling"

"The floor needs backer board to make it suitable"

"I have already got some 6mm ply, it was on offer and I don't want the height to come up too much"

"I can take care of all that for you, the tanking, sealing, cleaning and sealing the stone"

"Your trying to rip me off (where is dom's phone number)

It's hard to give you a definate price until I have removed everything to see the extent of the damage, but I estimate it to be around £££££"

"Your trying to rip me off (where is dom's phone number)

I don't get a lot of customers with these thought's anymore, most all of my work is recommended these day's. But I went to look at a job the other day and a lot of these thought's and words came flooding back. Needless to say his estimate will be 3 times what it should be. Hope he doesn't accept it. :yikes:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What the customer heard in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.