Discuss What tile cutters do you use? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

P

pjtiler

this is the best seller in the states its better that the rubi (only just mind )
i beleave felker are selling them in the UK now check it out before you invest
prod_tilemasterxl.jpg

http://www.felkersaws.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hillhead

Sorry swe,only replying to youe q now,
yeah my sigma 10M is a heavy bugger!!!
takes two to lift it about,i think its about 65kgs,
great machine to use and the cuts are sweet,3hp motor,will cut 4" deep!!!!
i have never heard it slow yet,bought it a year ago,cost over a grand.
paid for itself very quickly,ie 3 marble jobs !!

Hillhead, how's the watersaw to lug around? I mean, isn't it pretty damn heavy?

M

MICK the Tiler

I use Sigma Down here can't remember how many I got maybe 10 or so I usually keep a 35 and a 75 in the truck they cater for most jobs.

They both have there pros and cons

rubi pros

Novice tilers would be better sticking to a rubi as they require less skill in snapping pressure wich is a big plus for rubi. They also have good visability to line up cutting marks due to the dual bars. Also there slim design make them compact and lighter to carry and work well in tight bathrooms.

cons

Prone to flex on thicker tiling material, also more moving parts, they need regular maintenence. The double action can be a bit annoying at times

sigma pros

Built like a mack truck, little maintenance required, less moving parts, will last a lifetime, The perfect single action, good handle and wheel design, will not flex, quality sprung tables. quality compass

cons

Can be hard to use if your a novice, heavy and wide, you have to tilt the head to line up cutting marks due to single bar.

Reply to What tile cutters do you use? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi there. Wondering if anyone can help? We had a path laid using reclaimed quarry tiles on top...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB