Discuss What tips have saved you time or money? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Widnes
Never do work for an engineer !!!!
They think they know everything !!!!
And will drive you nuts !!!!
Seriously....if you see one coming towards you hold a sheet of graph paper..RUN !!
I worked for a aircraft engineer he went over everything with a magnifying glass at ome point he pulled me over 1mm discrepancy over a 10tf span I had to stop him and say Mr burgess this isn't a aircraft wing it's tiling and to be fair he did let me do what I do after that

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Widnes
when measuring cuts I use a metal rule covered in masking tape and use it as a marking stick. Much more accurate and quicker. I do the same with a wooden folding rule for larger cuts.
Just replace the masking tape when theres too many marks on it.
I've got a bunch of tape measure I've put so many marks on there useless now

Reply to What tips have saved you time or money? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I live in southern Spain in a top floor penthouse apartment (direct sun most of day) with...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
FIXRADIO are looking for 20 nominations for their Wall and Floor Tiler of the year 2019...
Replies
Views
I was quoted over £4700 (inclusive of VAT) to rip out and replace my bathroom. This does not...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Am I a ****? Bumped into a builder in my local and he sees I do tiling so asks me to...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
What tips have saved you time or money?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Canada Tile Advice
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks