Discuss What to do with late payers? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

On one

I have a (local)domestic customer who I am starting to think is stringing me along regarding payment.
I finished tiling his bathroom 8 weeks ago bar the siliconing which I finished 3 weeks ago and handed the invoice to them personally at that point.
2 weeks ago I sent a text reminding of the outstanding amount which he promised to pay the next week.
Now that deadline has passed what are my options to make it a bit more official before escalating matters?

S

Stocks Tiles

8 weeks??!! I don't leave without payment, once you're out that door you are screwed as that nice customer doesn't want to hand over that money when you are gone and what can you do about it. I guess you would have to make a final demand for the money in writing and apply to a small claims court (or judge rinder!) to claim the money back I believe this isn't a huge cost to do and that also gets claimed back. Do you not put in your quotes that payment is required to be paid upon time of completion?

O

On one

Well...... he ignored 3 phone calls in the last 2 days,still no payment in the bank as of last night so I went round to see him this afternoon.
He assured me he had transferred the money a couple of days ago(yeah,yeah,yeah) So I had to leave it at that and drove away round the corner to check with the missus if he had paid today.
Lo and behold the bugger had paid! (albeit today)
Obviously had it but didn't want to part with it!!!!

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What to do with late payers? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
    • Agree
When serving my time with mee oll mate desy ( God rest him ) , going back 15-20years ago we...
2 3
Replies
Views
Tile Shop
T
So then guys, completed a tiled floor for a private customer based on an accepted written...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
G
Hi, I am after some honest advice regarding a job I done a few weeks ago for which I haven't...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
T
Hi all! Late last year I decided I wanted a new bathroom installed. I spent a few weeks...
Replies
Views
trayjord
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB