Discuss What to do with the money... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Of course the other thing you could do is something I'm looking into at the moment , if you have kids that is , is start a pension going for them.
For me it's grand kids :)

The beauty is , unlike the former CTFs and junior ISAs they can't get there hands on the money until they retire - (currently 55 is earliest )

You'll be giving them a great start if they are young , which they can take over the payments of when they start to work.

Diggy

H

hotrod

Longer you leave it the worse it gets.

Rule of thumb , you should be paying in halve your age as a % ie: if you're 30 = 15% of income , 40 = 20% of income etc etc.

another rough calc for you , 15% IR's double your money every 5 yrs , 7% every 10 yrs and the average inflation rate halves the value of your cash every 15 yrs.

Food for thought

Diggy :)

Nice one diggy someone else talking sense lol!

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Just for info. I have been paying into various pensions since I was 22years old. Two are very good final salary schemes into which i paid 15 and 25 percent of my salary respectively and the other four are to consolidated into one scheme based part on money purchase and part on share equity which will change as I approach retirement to reduce risk to the capital.

i have no pension worries. Despite this I still believe pensions are a legalised rip off and a huge gamble.

now can we stop talking about pensions. I am not putting my endowment return into a pension scheme :)

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Sounds like you're all set AJ , so I'd spend it all on wine women and fast cars.

Diggy :0)

and now we are talking sense ;) mind you the wife might object the the women part... Oh bu**er, and the wine and the fast cars bit.... Oh well back to square one.... What to do with the money?? Lol

C

Colour Republic

What on earth are bitcoins??

The worlds fastest growing currency! yet also the most volatile!

It stated a few years back and you could buy one bit coin for 20 or so pence. At the begining of this year, 1 bitcoin was valued at around £10 but in April hit a high of over £100!!!! That's a tenfold increase in less than 3 months. It's dropped down to currently around £70 for 1 bit coin. So if you have a lot of bottle you can make big money.

So if you had invested £10,000 in 2009 when they were 20p each, your current holding would be £3.5m

£10,000 invested at the start of this year would now be worth £70,000

Just google bitcoin ;)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What to do with the money... in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Good Evening Folks. I'm going to post a few pictures & would like to hear some feedback from...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB