Discuss what tv packages do you have ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Hello everyone,

I am currently in a contract with Virgin and maybe coming out of it due to bad utilisation which affects all aspects of gaming.

We are going to be moving to South Woodford to a purpose built flat rather than a house conversion which is irrelevant but need away from the inconsiderate upstairs tenants. Now in this flat we wish to be able to start saving a deposit for a house to buy and would like to get some advice on what to do regarding tv & broadband.

We don't really find ourselves watching much tv other than what is available on freeview and the random stuff we record on TiVo box...old auf wiedersehen pet, crime dramas etc and like most people these days we stream/download films.

With regards to the broadband I will still use it for gaming once I buy a new xbox or ps4 and really need unlimited and fast.

From this information what would you advise us to do. Go freeview with a recording box ? Do our needs (I cant wait for banshee s2) warrant sky tv ? I don't like streaming my favourite shows as I like to take advantage of my Panasonic hd tv and enjoy the programs...not in grainy format.

Thank you to anyone who can help...moving house is stressful and I need to be thinking of these things to get them ordered and worked out how much they will cost.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
The main thing is that you are saving for a house. Any Sky or Virgin contract will lock you in for 18+ months. I have a smart TV. it's hooked up to the internet for instant BBCi player or Demand 5 (don't know why I can't get ITV). I also have a small hard drive in one of the TV's usb ports. I can record and pause live TV, but the downside is there is only 1 tuner so cant record a channel and watch another. Everything is repeated anyway!

I got rid of Sky years ago, must have saved a small fortune now.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to what tv packages do you have ? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
Hey guys, I normally post over in diynot for general DIY but wrt tiling over timber I need some...
Replies
Views
Just Rizzle
J
K
No matter how good you are at whatever job you do,sometimes you will make mistakes.Just...
Replies
Views
T
My daughter and Hubby are moving into their newly built house on Friday and today we went for a...
Replies
Views
Q
My Lidl cheapy "special" multi tool died a few weeks ago so I popped to screwfix today and...
Replies
Views
Peter
P
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB