Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss what wet cutter do you use?? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

G

GazTech

i use plas plug contractor plus its ok so far and used it on porclain and slate but when its time for a blade change gonna upgrade to a better one

tony
There is a turbo blade for the plasplugs,...IT IS F'KIN BRILL.........don't be misled though Bast88rds & Queens(B&Q)will not know of its existance!!
----
Added post information (due to double posting):
----
Yea but its a biatch to carry!
Are you shadowing me wivers?:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GazTech

Here ya go son have a look at this. I belive its the same as the big yellow QEP one that Gaz has used.
[DLMURL="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/electric-tile-cutter_W0QQitemZ280114323380QQihZ018QQcategoryZ42127QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem"]eBay.co.uk: electric tile cutter (item 280114323380 end time 19-May-07 15:46:36 BST)[/DLMURL]
New cost £350,QEP when back available in July,at trade £175.....Thanks W......the only visible difference is the spray job!!!

View attachment 72311

B

BrhTiling

I'm interested in the good feedback on the plasplugs wet cutter - It is the version I have been using on my tiling course during my first week, I found it to be pretty good!

I think it was over filled at some point because I ended up getting soaked and walking around with a wet crotch all afternoon!

Anyway, for £110 you can't go too far wrong can you?

Certainly I intend to buy one when my course is over....

T

tjsmiler

I'm interested in the good feedback on the plasplugs wet cutter - It is the version I have been using on my tiling course during my first week, I found it to be pretty good!

I think it was over filled at some point because I ended up getting soaked and walking around with a wet crotch all afternoon!

Anyway, for £110 you can't go too far wrong can you?

Certainly I intend to buy one when my course is over....

Yenool, what course are you doing mate???

Don't bother with the plasplugs master, although it's a very good cutter you will not need something with such a big cutting surface when you first start out, it's too big and clumpy for kithen and bathroom work....get yourself a little Plasplugs contract plus, it costs £30 and is absolutely brilliant, it is totally perfect for most jobs. It's small, neat, light and powerfull. I have it stored in the hood compartment of my Combo van, it takes up no room.

When your loading or unloading your van you can pick it up with one handleaving the other hand free for your buckets or whatever....(sounds silly mate but when you got a lot of trips to do up peoples stairs it makes a big difference)

And incase your wondering, i have just completed a 19m2 bathroom which was all stone and glass and slate, and i tell you what it just chewed through them. I will always have one from now on, it is superb. I love it so much and have called it Rocky, i take it to bed at night and take it for walks in the morning and it loves nothing more than having it's belly rubbed.

When you get a job that requires you to cut massive tiles then go get yourself a bigger and better one, but for now until you get better the Contractor plus is the nutz :wink_smile:

TJ

PS: cant believe i wrote all that about a cutter, Wivers what have you done to me?

B

BrhTiling

I have just completed the first week of a 4-week course with Coventry building workshop; so far so good.

I will keep that in mind.... Maybe getting one of each type of cutter would be the way to go... then I am covered for big and small jobs?

Either way, I need more practice anyway!

Ps, is there a thread for dry cutters around here?

So far we have used RUBI and Montolit.... Montolit seems good for cutting angles but the RUBI is much easier to line up with your pencil/marker line on the tile....

The tiles I put up on the first day were terrible but my second wall was good.... Did some flooring on Friday but I got quite a bit of 'lipping' and so I will have to redo them I feel.

I
----
Added post information (due to double posting):
----
I have just completed the first week of a 4-week course with Coventry building workshop; so far so good.

I will keep that in mind.... Maybe getting one of each type of cutter would be the way to go... then I am covered for big and small jobs?

Either way, I need more practice anyway!

Ps, is there a thread for dry cutters around here?

So far we have used RUBI and Montolit.... Montolit seems good for cutting angles but the RUBI is much easier to line up with your pencil/marker line on the tile....

The tiles I put up on the first day were terrible but my second wall was good.... Did some flooring on Friday but I got quite a bit of 'lipping' and so I will have to redo them I feel.

I also bought some knee pads for next week.. god my right knee was really playing up doing the floor on friday!

G

GazTech

OOH,I know all about knees ,packed up tiling because of mine,snickers pants with pad pockets are good and maybe kneel on some insulation board for concrete .Remember fellas one pair of knees is standard issue look after them,you don't want to have to work for a living at Topps like me do you LOL:wink_smile:
icon10.gif

B

BrhTiling

OOH,I know all about knees ,packed up tiling because of mine,snickers pants with pad pockets are good and maybe kneel on some insulation board for concrete .Remember fellas one pair of knees is standard issue look after them,you don't want to have to work for a living at Topps like me do you LOL:wink_smile:
icon10.gif
Hey m8, just been to my local Topps to find out about setting up a trade account.....

I also made two purchases of tools and such...

Very helpfull staff in my local store.. Very impressed.

G

GazTech

Hey m8, just been to my local Topps to find out about setting up a trade account.....

I also made two purchases of tools and such...

Very helpfull staff in my local store.. Very impressed.
Glad to hear that,Topps staff do get regular training in store and should be very knowledgeable,obviously there are always exceptions,you will find a Topps guy at your local store who you will trust and like and will probably deal with him( or her )whenever you go in. We don't often bite
icon10.gif
happy shopping

W

wivers

Don't bother with the plasplugs master, although it's a very good cutter you will not need something with such a big cutting surface when you first start out, it's too big and clumpy for kithen and bathroom work....get yourself a little Plasplugs contract plus, it costs £30 and is absolutely brilliant, it is totally perfect for most jobs. It's small, neat, light and powerfull. I have it stored in the hood compartment of my Combo van, it takes up no room.

When your loading or unloading your van you can pick it up with one handleaving the other hand free for your buckets or whatever....(sounds silly mate but when you got a lot of trips to do up peoples stairs it makes a big difference)

And incase your wondering, i have just completed a 19m2 bathroom which was all stone and glass and slate, and i tell you what it just chewed through them. I will always have one from now on, it is superb. I love it so much and have called it Rocky, i take it to bed at night and take it for walks in the morning and it loves nothing more than having it's belly rubbed.

When you get a job that requires you to cut massive tiles then go get yourself a bigger and better one, but for now until you get better the Contractor plus is the nutz :wink_smile:

TJ

PS: cant believe i wrote all that about a cutter, Wivers what have you done to me?

Its all part of the growing up process on tilers forum my friend :)

E

Elliott

Where do you get the contract plus for £30 from??

Reply to what wet cutter do you use?? in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Currently using TX700N but obviously now too small for the 1200x600mm I'm increasingly being...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone 🙂.My friend has a cheap ceramic cutting machine that i don't like working with. it...
Replies
Views
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Advice Hi guys, got some 60cmx60cm porcelain tiles to lay in a hallway with a modular pattern...
Replies
Views

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what wet cutter do you use??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • BAL

Votes: 25 29.4%