Discuss What would you do in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

Well if you like all things English ,I have another connection which is my old uncle Percy Grainger .
he is claimed by the Aussies as their greatest compose r/pianist and he did create a museum in Melbourne in his own name before he died which is bizarre .most people will not know him except for the fact that he set the arrangement for the classic tune 'an English country garden and Danny boy .
family came from Yorkshire and his dad was a famous architect in Melbourne.
he died from syphalis.
Percy was then brought up by his mother and sent obverse to Germany when a teenage.
He was agreat mate of Grieg and other composers of that time .

we was very famous in his day bizarrely getting married in hollywood bowl .
in fact a Hollywood film was made about him .
i always remember a documentary on TV about him when the whole family was sitting around the tv .
started off fine but when it got the bit that old uncle Percy was getting it on with his mother and in to self flagellation the youngers all,dived for the remote to spare any more embarrassments .
This kind of talent has not been passed on to me but I will try and dig out my only claim to fame on film front when I was a German barbarian as an extra on the film Massada in Israel 1979. My big chance came when peter otoole addressed me amongst others and I had two words to say that got edited out!!!

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Well if you like all things English ,I have another connection which is my old uncle Percy Grainger .
he is claimed by the Aussies as their greatest compose r/pianist and he did create a museum in Melbourne in his own name before he died which is bizarre .most people will not know him except for the fact that he set the arrangement for the classic tune 'an English country garden and Danny boy .
family came from Yorkshire and his dad was a famous architect in Melbourne.
he died from syphalis.
Percy was then brought up by his mother and sent obverse to Germany when a teenage.
He was agreat mate of Grieg and other composers of that time .

we was very famous in his day bizarrely getting married in hollywood bowl .
in fact a Hollywood film was made about him .
i always remember a documentary on TV about him when the whole family was sitting around the tv .
started off fine but when it got the bit that old uncle Percy was getting it on with his mother and in to self flagellation the youngers all,dived for the remote to spare any more embarrassments .
This kind of talent has not been passed on to me but I will try and dig out my only claim to fame on film front when I was a German barbarian as an extra on the film Massada in Israel 1979. My big chance came when peter otoole addressed me amongst others and I had two words to say that got edited out!!!

Can I guess the 2 words Jonny? Were they followed by a smack in the mouth from Peter O'Toole :lol:

I once sat on a plane flight next to Alan Tuner off Emmerdale

J

jonnyc

Well no , I actually said yes sir .
otoole was our favorite .He used to turn up mid morning and only need a few takes and then was off.
there were others like david Warner who was very intense who needed at Keats 10 takes.
christopher biggins had a minor part riding on a donkey for most part !!!
there were some big names and it was the first and all time biggest mini series in us.
unfortunately for me I got speared in the toe when we had a big scene that required more thqn the usual extras and Bedouin who would usually be whipped by us sorted me out.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What would you do in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a small ensuite that is 1950mm on 2 sides, the other two sides are 1850mm. I have 800mm...
Replies
Views
Alan Bentley
A
Got a kitchen floor to do and it consists of a concrete floor which then meets a timber floor...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB