Discuss what would you have charged? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

boldydave

048.JPG 057.JPG 053.JPG 051.JPG 052.JPG View attachment 25572 View attachment 25571 View attachment 25570 View attachment 25569 View attachment 25568 hello all.just finished this job and was curious what you would have charged.it was 23 sq metres of ceramics.3 walls were nice and flat plasterboard or cement board,the fourth wall was plastered and not too flat so it took a bit longer.i charged £25 a square metre including all materials.that made me £450 profit(before tax) for 6 days work:yikes:.it`s not a lot i know,but i havn`t been going long so my speed is slow.the boxing in on the end of the bath slowed me down.nothing was square or level,but it all came out good in the end.if it makes any difference,i live in bristol.thanks for your help. dave.

Does the worktop needs to be cut back further to sit the basin in? The panel under it looks pre-cut. Tiling and finishing looks decent enough.

Pricing, about £700 inc materials, 3ish days. Speed is nothing without quality, don't worry about it too much yet I've seen work nowhere near as good done by allegedly experienced people in half the time. However, if you're still taking 6 days in a few months time you need to look at what you're doing as thats not a fantastic wage for 6 days. Have you done a tiling course?

H

hillhead

A kitchen i tiled a few months ago had a b&q kitchen, i had to remove the island from the room.
The whole lot was a mess from badly hung doors to bad edging,worktops etc.
Anyway i left the island in sunroom slightly disassembled.
I got a call a few days after i finished from b&q saying i had damaged the island removing it and they wanted £450 off me,lol.
I said not a hope and i have pics of the already shoddy workmanship in the kitchen so i'll fight you for the £450,lol.
I had and it was crap work, even the customer had them back 12 times !!!!!
As you can guess i had no money to pay.

B

boldydave

i did a course last year and have been tiling weekends/evenings since then.this job was great for me.lovely tiles,loads of space,nothing too fiddly,and i got bacon sarnies too! the time seemed to go on putting tiles on then taking them of again because of lippage.then when you take the tile off you get adhesive everywhere.i`m learning that if you can work cleanly then thats time well spent.

C

Colour Republic

I'll tell you wants gone on with the basin. Some numpty scribed the panel forgetting to take into account the thickness of the worktop. Would have expected chrome tail pipes to the rad too.

What's gonna happen with the architrave too? Are your tiles flush with the door liner and the architrave is going to sit on top of the tiles or is it going to butt up to them?

Not too sure on price as didn't see the amount of prep needed before hawn but £450 is too cheap but if you're happy then it's all good. By the way you say it's was 23sqm @ £25 but that equals £575??

Looks a tidy job from the pics:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
i did a course last year and have been tiling weekends/evenings since then.this job was great for me.lovely tiles,loads of space,nothing too fiddly,and i got bacon sarnies too! the time seemed to go on putting tiles on then taking them of again because of lippage.then when you take the tile off you get adhesive everywhere.i`m learning that if you can work cleanly then thats time well spent.
Did you do the job over evenings and weekends? Bacon sarnies and decent coffee are usually reserved for people doing a good job and getting on well with the client. Looks like you've cracked the hard bit of the job already.

Reply to what would you have charged? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a small ensuite that is 1950mm on 2 sides, the other two sides are 1850mm. I have 800mm...
Replies
Views
Alan Bentley
A
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Good day all. My daughter has asked me to tile a cooker splashback in her kitchen. They've...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Am I a ****? Bumped into a builder in my local and he sees I do tiling so asks me to...
Replies
Views
We’ve just had our bathroom finished yesterday and we are really disappointed with the finish of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what would you have charged?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.