Discuss what would you have charged? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

i did the job over 2 weekends and a few evenings which hours wise made up about 6 , 8 hour days. i charged the customer £600,but spent £150 on materials so got £450 profit.
Just a thought here but you didnt make a profit of £450, that was your contribution to profit. In reality, and what a lot of people forget, is that you have overheads as well. You need to factor in the cost of paying for your van, diesel, insurance, road tax, servicing, mot, business insurance, tools, depreciation on tools equipment and van, phone costs, etc etc. Unless your van is paid for you probably have a weekly cost of £60 - £100 for all of that. More if like me you work in a larege rural area and do a lot of miles.

I worked mine out to £115. If your costs are similar then thats £335 you made before any tax and NI....... and don't say that you take cash and dont declare it. The black economy is a nightmare for quality tradespeople.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Just a thought here but you didnt make a profit of £450, that was your contribution to profit. In reality, and what a lot of people forget, is that you have overheads as well. You need to factor in the cost of paying for your van, diesel, insurance, road tax, servicing, mot, business insurance, tools, depreciation on tools equipment and van, phone costs, etc etc. Unless your van is paid for you probably have a weekly cost of £60 - £100 for all of that. More if like me you work in a larege rural area and do a lot of miles.

I worked mine out to £115. If your costs are similar then thats £335 you made before any tax and NI....... and don't say that you take cash and dont declare it. The black economy is a nightmare for quality tradespeople.

why is that then?

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
Cash only jobs, and ONLY cash jobs, no vat, no income tax..... Do I really need to explain?[/QUOT

well,if the fellow is working as well,which looking in to his posts, he is,he is paying tax in his other job spooner,
if he is dossing,getting his house paid for and everything else, then i totally agree with you mate.

but me,id rob these robbing bar attendents who run our country,as long as im paying my due,for as much as i can:smilewinkgrin:
it certinly don't mean im a bad person or tradesman:thumbsup:

Reply to what would you have charged? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I have a small ensuite that is 1950mm on 2 sides, the other two sides are 1850mm. I have 800mm...
Replies
Views
Alan Bentley
A
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Good day all. My daughter has asked me to tile a cooker splashback in her kitchen. They've...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Am I a ****? Bumped into a builder in my local and he sees I do tiling so asks me to...
Replies
Views
We’ve just had our bathroom finished yesterday and we are really disappointed with the finish of...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what would you have charged?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.