Discuss What you reading? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

I have finished the book that I was struggling to enjoy, went straight to a Terry Pratchett for a little light relief and now I have just picked up Hannibal, the 3rd book in the silence of the lambs series by Thomas Harris. I always forget how good he is, I read the other 2 back to back about a year ago, wow they are good. If anybody hasn't read these, give them ago, they really are brilliant books. Terrified one min and then wanting to cry like a baby the next, I think that it takes a true master to do that.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I have finished the book that I was struggling to enjoy, went straight to a Terry Pratchett for a little light relief and now I have just picked up Hannibal, the 3rd book in the silence of the lambs series by Thomas Harris. I always forget how good he is, I read the other 2 back to back about a year ago, wow they are good. If anybody hasn't read these, give them ago, they really are brilliant books. Terrified one min and then wanting to cry like a baby the next, I think that it takes a true master to do that.

i love supernatural,horror or thrillers.
the best lighthearted one ive read is a terry Pratchett one(and someone else who escapes me)its called good omens,its absolutely class.
im a big fan of john connolly as well,ive read nearly all his books,the charlie parker books are superb.

R

Rich

:lol: I wondered if anybody would pick up on the Pratchett thing, I wonder how many secret Pratchett fans we have on here. I love them, I am reading the Discworld series in order and have read 18 out of the 39 so far. My brother passed some on to me a while ago because I was having trouble sleeping (stresses of running a business). I thought they were kids books but gave them ago, I was hooked after about 10 pages, absolutely hilarious! And so so cleaver. Iv heard people say "I tried to read on but not it is just silly" and I think "you really didnt get it did you", I love the way he takes the Mick out of racism, sexism, death, drugs and sex but in such a way that is funny. Pure escapism.

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rich

i love supernatural,horror or thrillers.
the best lighthearted one ive read is a terry Pratchett one(and someone else who escapes me)its called good omens,its absolutely class.
im a big fan of john connolly as well,ive read nearly all his books,the charlie parker books are superb.

Have you read the Thomas Harris books? If not give them a go, well worth it.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What you reading? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Good Evening Folks. I'm going to post a few pictures & would like to hear some feedback from...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I have been tiling since i was 17 (im 31) I have been stuck in my way and to be honest...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
We're getting some forum shirts done, Polo Shirts, found a good quality one that's longer than...
Replies
Views
One Day
O

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
What you reading?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.