Discuss What's behind the tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dougs Third Go

job I've just finished, customer was away on holidays and left us to it, this is what I found on the rip out..most tiles dot and dabbed onto bonding...glass mosaics packed out on 4mm ply, floor tiles layed onto 6mm ply..
total strip out back to the brickwork as the bonding was about 40mm thick and applied onto already perishing mortar render. Dot and dabbed all wall areas with 12.5mm plasterboard and overboarded floor with hardie 250, really can't believe that existing tiles weren't dropping off.
2015-06-24 09.07.00.jpg
2015-06-24 09.07.06.jpg
2015-06-24 09.07.11.jpg
2015-06-24 09.08.31.jpg
2015-06-24 09.20.13.jpg
2015-06-24 10.27.08.jpg

D

Dougs Third Go

I like the challenging jobs. But only when I finish them! Facing a room like that makes your heart sink when you think "the prep should be sorted by lunchtime on day 1....." and then realise it may take 3 days before you even start tiling.
not far wrong Andy, took 4 days prepping, but to be fair to customer I did say that I couldn't price it realistically as I'd no idea up front what prep would be involved. I put my invoice in this morning and got paid this afternoon.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to What's behind the tiles? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I'm looking to start my bathroom renovation with the intention of tiling the whole...
Replies
Views
Just stripped out a tiled shower cubicle, the tiles were put onto plywood, and had an ok bond...
Replies
Views
Unused Account 1
U
Morning guys, One for the future really the kitchen and adjoined conservatory currently has wet...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J
Hi all, I have an issue I'm hoping you chaps can help me with after removing tiles from my en...
Replies
Views
1animal1
S
Had an enquiry for a bathroom doing, its half tiled at the moment onto plaster and lats, bath...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB