Guest viewing is limited

Discuss what's the future for tiling?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

but since I started tiling in the days before any kind of cutting machines (manual or electric) all we had was a scriber for walls, and pin hammer and tungsten tip chisel for floors. I have already seen some amazing changes in this industry

Dead right Phil:thumbsup: I can remember going to work with a TS30, a small canvas havasack with a few hand tools AND my bait box in - that was it:yikes: And you could still do your job:smilewinkgrin:

Nowadays my Renault Master van isn't big enough:lol:

So I think the progression in the last 20 years has been incredibly significant already:thumbsup: I can even remember tile adhesive being frowned upon, but boy it's quicker than S&C:thumbsup:

Imagine sending a newbie to work with a 'scriber'.....LOL

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1779

Beware Dragons Den. We were in there on Series 5 and they dont call it the Dragons Den for Nothing...

den1.jpg

Peter Jones of Dragons Den takes to a Porcelain Tile and starts to diamond drill.

den2.jpg

Using a diamond core holesaw or hole saw made by 365Drills for the PORSADRILL brand.

They dont call it dragons den for nothing!

D

diamondtiling

Last edited by a moderator:
Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

tiling training courses (nvg not very qualified ) its ruined the trade. the phrase u can pi.. u can paint the same is been said about tiling.
were alot of old school served their time as mates/apprentices

I did a 3 day course when starting out and can hold my own with all of the time served tilers I have worked with.
Also there are time served old school tilers who are not up to much either.

It is not HOW you learn but HOW you apply your knowledge, striving to be better & constantly learning & improving :thumbsup:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
tiling on sites nibbling the L shaped cuts round sockets with a pencil scribe and a pair of nips, or a rod saw.

as the rest have said ive all ready seen the tiling industry change so much in the last 20 yrs i realy dont know where we will be in another 20yrs, perhaps we will all be driving around with water jet machines in the back of our vans, or maybe self adhesive ceramic tiles that you peel off a backing and stick on the wall (only avalible from B and Q of course)lol :thumbsup:

Reply to what's the future for tiling?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what's the future for tiling??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.