Guest viewing is limited

Discuss what's the future for tiling?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

there's tilers and TILERS

Perhaps it would be an idea for you to link to your website or show us some pictures of your fantastic work ?
Also, rather than make comments about tilers who have learned on courses...

Probably the majority of members here !!!!

You would be better advised to impart some of your knowledge and experience to us "lesser mortals"

M

mikethetile

talking about changes in addy reminded me off the painting game, ive seen some changes in paint formulations, I was taught to paint with traditional formulations which was a skilled job, everytime they reformulated to make paint easier to apply they made it worse for traditional hands to apply

theres been a change this year with the 2010 paints, the paint has gone back to the old days and will only suit proper painters. those that declare it to be rubbish that cant be applied are showing their lack of skill

tiling will go the same way, its gone through the easy to apply stage with tubbed addy, but that doesnt suit the new material to be fixed so those with the traditional skills will have no problem fixing stone etc wheras those that only fix with tub will fall behind and drop out of the game

so I think the future in tiling is continual development of fixing methods that will exlude the unskilled

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
one thing that bothers me is if tiles may become unecessary,or replaced with some other material that is not layed in tile form.After all tiles are mostly an aesthetic finish.
i also sometimes think the same, but when you consider the romans were tiling fantastic mosaic floors 400 years ago i think tilings still got a good couple of hundred years left :thumbsup:

B

bootsmckiber

How about Friday Toonz built in to your wetsaw,in response to buddy that took a three day course and can hold his own with old schoolers,you must be a freakin genius,I've taken a few courses over the past 28 years but mostly all my knowledge and "tricks"come from actually being on the job,trial and error,and to this day I'm still learning from guys that have been setting longer than me.I wish I could have taken a three day course and be where I am today,sure would have saved a lot of wear and tear on the old bod.

Reply to what's the future for tiling?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what's the future for tiling??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks