Guest viewing is limited

Discuss what's the future for tiling?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
Jamie Olivers restaraunt was done in it last year. I have to say when done well it beats the pants off tiles :yikes: (did I really say that......) but in the UK I think it will be some considerable time before it poses any threat to the tilers. It is much more widley used outside for drives and patsh and bus stops and such likes.

kilty55

TF
Arms
edinburgh
Maybe we could have a poll, courses good value for money? or misleading regarding potential earnings. Or a poll asking is HSE a good thing? or has it just gone OTT?:thumbsup:

this is just my opinion,the potential is there to earn 30k to 40k as a tiler yes but you would need to be well established with very good constant work to hit those figures imo,i did a course and i wasnt drawn into it by the earnings i did it because i knew i wanted to do the tiling as a career and i enjoy it,im still her,i think the guys who are drawn in by thinking they are going to be on 3 grand a month instantly soon get a shock and dissapear :thumbsup:

S

suave

this is just my opinion,the potential is there to earn 30k to 40k as a tiler yes but you would need to be well established with very good constant work to hit those figures imo,i did a course and i wasnt drawn into it by the earnings i did it because i knew i wanted to do the tiling as a career and i enjoy it,im still her,i think the guys who are drawn in by thinking they are going to be on 3 grand a month instantly soon get a shock and dissapear :thumbsup:

totally agree:thumbsup: kilty! what did you make of the pricing lecture on your course ?:lol:

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
that's if the liquid screeds catch big time!!all i hear about is failers and trouble and in our winters the water content is going to mean trouble with drying out!!:yikes:

you here a lot of failures cos people don't use gypsum based addy. :mad2:

C

cuttintiles

if your customer has a few quid then...fibre optic tiles:
featuremain.jpg

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I agree 100% Jamie, I have said time after time. Becoming a good tiler, is not about how you were taught, more of a mind set ,attention to detail etc.

I have said it before, I know time served tilers who have spent as much time in this trade as I have (40yrs plus) who are as bad now, as they were in thier twenties.

As you say, a good tiler will always work, and command good earnings. Whether he/she has done a course, or is time served. I have seen many changes in this industry over the years, I have also witnessed a slow but sure, dilution of skills

The one thing that keeps me hopeful, as to the future of this noble trade. Is the young people who are really keen to learn, I have one such young man in mind, a forum member (Neil Terry) Neil contacted me through the forum.

Although he has a full time job, that takes him all over the country, Neil spends his odd days off visiting me, on my jobs. watching, asking questions, and hopefully learning. I am sure he will one day be a first rate tiler. It's a shame more people do not have the same passion.

Sorry if I go on, but I feel very strongly about this subject:thumbsup:

Reply to what's the future for tiling?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what's the future for tiling??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.