Guest viewing is limited

Discuss what's the future for tiling?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bootsmckiber

I don't know what your tile prices are like over there but here they seem to be so dam expensive that it's tough to get a client to go with tile,freakin Home depot offering rug install for 39$ what the hell is that about,I can only install 7 tile for that price,it's tough competition with all the new crap they're coming out with,one sheet,of mosaiic,1 inch mosaiic 12by 12 anywhere from 25-75 $ for one sheet,how the hell do you sell a client with a 30 ft backsplash to buy 30 of them at that price,don't mind me,just grumbling,haven't had my coffee yet,have a good day all.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
that bathroom is linked to one of the members on here, I think the forum member works with the guy sometimes, can't remember who now??
That fibre optic bathroom was done by a company called 'On the Tiles'. It features on their website onthetiles.biz I believe the company is owned by a man called Terry, and he lives across the road from me!! I called round the other day to say hello, but he wasn't in.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
I know a good way to speed up jobs in the future...... ban mobile phones from work place:mad2:
funny you say that doug i was on a job this week, complete house refit, working in the house was me , a plumber, a chippy, and a sparky.

i was looking out the window of the bathroom and saw all three of them wandering round and round the front garden on there mobiles, and this was going on and off all day.

i think by the end of an 8 hour shift they must of only of work 4 of them :lol::lol:

Last edited:
U

user123

I couldnt wait to get my first phone, it was the size of a housebrick and cost a fortune to run

I hate them now, your always available and its bound to ring at the most awkward of moments

I don't get that... why does everyone have them switched on all the time? Whatever happened to leaving messages? I love having mine turned off, it's my FREEDOM at stake here...

U

user123

clients get the hump if your phones off when they want to talk to you

I don't buy that.. I rang around for an electrician a while back, and the answering message was: "Sorry I am working right now, please understand that the hours my customers pay for should not be interrupted by phone calls. Please call again between 1 and 2pm and 5:30 to 9pm." RESPECT!!! :thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

I really like that G

and it reflects how I feel, I hate having to stop and talk on the phone when im in the middle of something and it doesnt look good if the clients at home and your phone is ringing every hour or so. i dont do emergency repairs so theres no reason I have to discuss with them there and then

its a good marketing ploy as clients like your undivided attention and appreciate someone who organises their time properly

im going to do it now

thanks for the tip G

S

SandyFloor

I don't buy that.. I rang around for an electrician a while back, and the answering message was: "Sorry I am working right now, please understand that the hours my customers pay for should not be interrupted by phone calls. Please call again between 1 and 2pm and 5:30 to 9pm." RESPECT!!! :thumbsup:

It would be nice if the world worked that way but I don't think it does. If someone is sitting with the yellow pages or online and they've set time aside to arrange something they want to get it done. If they make a call and get an answering service they'll move on to the next guy.

Besides my mobile I have a landline listed. I used to have it with an answer to leave a message or call my mobile. After a while I diverted it to my mobile and the inquiries really went up ( about 150 - 200%). At the initial inquiry stage many customers don't have that kind of time and patience and tbh I don't think I do either.

U

user123

I suppose it's all down to individual experience, Sandy... and possibly your location - Scarborough folk are maybe still a bit more patient than city folk, who knows? But this particular electrician got my vote on the strength of his message, I have passed this on to loads others and unbeknown to me at the time he seems to be very popular, is always busy, punctual and courteous, has a brilliant reputation, and I must admit, I was happy to wait a bit and call him later. And a plumber, who I WISH hadn't retired years back, did the same, he was always busy, too. Haven't found a decent plumber since.. :-( even though they ALL answer the phone... sorry for pinching this thread, I'll say no more... :oops: but Phil's idea seems a good one, too...

Reply to what's the future for tiling?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi All Had a panic when we had to rip out some of our floor tiles after a plumbing leak...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
what's the future for tiling??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.