Discuss Whats the most disrespectful thing you have seen??????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

One thing that astounded me a few years ago was the Louis Theroux programme about 'America's Most Hated Family.' They were religious fanatics who would frequently demonstrate at the funerals of servicemen because they died fighting for a country that tolerated homosexuality. They would even have banners such as 'Thank God for dead soldiers.' I can't imagine how the families of the deceased felt.

I don't know what the final resolution was to this. For a time, there was an effort in the US Congress to pass a law that would ban demonstrations within a certain distance of military funerals. I think some state legislatures were trying to do the same thing.

R

Rob Z

This one might beat them all... :thumbsdown: and incidentally it's also in Texas that guns are now allowed in colleges...
Texas Cheerleader Who Refused to Cheer Rapist Loses in Court

I read about this case. I think the school blew it by making an issue of it (they should know when to pick and choose their battles), but I do follow the line of legal reasoning that the court used to determine that the cheerleader's rights weren't violated.

The issue with guns allowed in colleges and universities in Texas---this is for holders of concealed weapons permits. It doesn't apply to the population at large-meaning relatively few studens will have concealed firearms on campus.

U

user123

I read about this case. I think the school blew it by making an issue of it (they should know when to pick and choose their battles), but I do follow the line of legal reasoning that the court used to determine that the cheerleader's rights weren't violated.

The issue with guns allowed in colleges and universities in Texas---this is for holders of concealed weapons permits. It doesn't apply to the population at large-meaning relatively few studens will have concealed firearms on campus.

Rob, IMO the school should have been supportive to the girl by offering she could stay absent from the games he was playing in or whatever, not behave as they did, and guns have no place outside a shooting club or for relevant reasons. What could be a relevant reason for anyone to have a gun in a college?

W

White Room

With a concealed gun why would it be necessary to take it into school, it's obviously there right but don't see the purpose.

Reply to Whats the most disrespectful thing you have seen??????? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just come out of a period of 3 months non-stop tiling work, and had to make a 2 week break to...
Replies
Views
I wouldn't want to 'test' the attackers so don't post anything about this anywhere public. If...
Replies
Views
S
W
Read before you look at the bottom of the page.. Family on holiday in Australia for a week and a...
Replies
Views
doug boardley
D
M
Hi, non tiler here but just had a bathroom job done by a tiler and whilst knowing nothing, or...
Replies
Views
U
Just to be on the safe side i purchased all 20m2 of the wall tiles Wickes had on sale in the...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Whats the most disrespectful thing you have seen???????
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.