Guest viewing is limited

Discuss When can UFH be commissioned after tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I am having a problem with this at the moment, this floor is in screed water heating. I layed a decoupling membrane over a month ago, having been told the heating had been commissioned. I later learned the floor had only been pressure tested, when they did fire up the floor weeks later. Instead of bringing the temp up gradually ( because there is no thermostat, it seems) the heat just went from 0 to full whack.

My problem now is, isolated areas of the floor are showing, what look like shrinkage cracks in the slc over the membrane. These are very small areas, but in two places it seems like the membrane has de-bonded with the sub-floor.

I have had the rep from Mapei down, and he thinks it could be thermal shock. He suggested I remove any loose areas of mat and replace. My gripe is why do the manufacturers of these heating systems not address the issue of having to commission the floor gradually, by not having a thermostat.:mad2:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

The heat on those piped systems are controlled via the manifold phil..

So why SLC over the matt..?.. was it a green screed,

No Dave not a green screed, but I rang Mapei to ask as there was a bit of shape in the screed. could I use Trade plan latex slc to fill the mat (rather than using adhesive) and help level the floor. They said yes, the heating system is run from the manifold. I have been told that there is no way to bring it up slowly:yikes:

Reply to When can UFH be commissioned after tiling? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
hello new here but wished i had found and asked before screed and ufh down but here goes. We...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
When can UFH be commissioned after tiling?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.