Discuss Where can i buy it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

Technique mostly, if you can run your hand over the wall and feel if its flat you can do the same with a trowel in your hand. I do all my own prep and am self taught in most of what i do but i dont use those things on walls, i use a straight edge to rule off the undercoat plaster as its going off. This takes the top off any high spots and kind of shaves the wall. Any minor undulations or low spots can be taken up with the skim finish.

S

Scott

Surface prep is paramount ot he job yes but it doesnt have to be that perfect, there wouldnt be any fun if it was like a sheet of glass. That where the skills in tiling come from, being able to overcome the high and low spots on a wall without losing the great finished result.

For the average size bathroom in the UK i really dont see they are needed, on a larger surface area then to break it down into bays yes.

Reply to Where can i buy it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Where can i buy it?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.