Discuss Which adhesive should I use. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bwares

Hi, I've just joined the forum as I am about to tile my bathroom which has now been prepared for tiling.
The walls are now a combination of pasterboard (painted) and sections have been replaced round the bath in aquapanel.
The tiles I have bought are 276 x 361 x 9mm.
I do have a tub of Unibond non slip ceramic wall tile adhesive but on the back it says it can only be used to a thickness of 3mm.
As my walls are not 100% true (there are minor deflections of around 1-2mm), should I be using an adhesive that is thicker? Will this adhesive be strong enough for the tiles?

Thanks

Brian

B

bwares

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah I'm in Glasgow, very close to a tile giant.
The flat is about 8 years old and has a thin coat of matt paint on the plasterboard, do you think it will be necessary to remove all of this?
Also do you know what bed thickness of adhesive I should be using? As I mentioned the walls are not perfectly true, one of the studs in the studwork frame is a tiny bit out and the wall comes out maybe one to two mil at this point. I was thinking the thicker the adhesive bed I use, the easier it will be to remedy this.

Thanks
Brian

Reply to Which adhesive should I use. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views
Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a very small area (1m.sq) on an exterior doorway entrance wall to tile. I would...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Which adhesive should I use.
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.