Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss which cutter (brand) do you use in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I don't cut now, but when I did, never anything but a Rubi. Though I tested many cutters out around the time. Back in about 2005 perhaps.

I do note that many other brands are liked, but I still feel Rubi is the main brand in the UK for many reasons including the range and price for such a professional product.

Whilst the odd cutter type of other brands are liked for a certain feature, over all, from what I can see Rubi still seems to fit the bill generally.

I enjoyed reading the sigma thread we've had recently though I must say. Perhaps something favourable for the future?

S

Saltire69

rubi ts 50 plus and a tx 700, next large cutter wont be a rubi as the beds fall of the actual cutter and it struggles and marks some quality porcelains when cuting...the ts 50 however is great for cermaics

Agree with Kilty, have TX 700 and beds came away after 3 months. Spoke to the rubi rep and he said just glue them back on(i know that) but for the price of the cutter think u shouldn't have too.

D

DHTiling

Agree with Kilty, have TX 700 and beds came away after 3 months. Spoke to the rubi rep and he said just glue them back on(i know that) but for the price of the cutter think u shouldn't have too.

totally agree i also have to sellotape card to the breaker as the metal marks the tiles:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

That is a problem of the past for Rubi.. the new versions do not have glued on sponge beds..

All spring loaded now.. i have the older model and mine only came off once i can recall of..

Reply to which cutter (brand) do you use in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

• Poll
Which Tile Adhesive and grout brand did you use the most in the last 12 months? And also...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Let us know which brand of tiles adhesive you use. And the price per bag trade if possible...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hi people, i am new to the trade and i am looking to buy a manual tile cutter at my training i...
Replies
Views
Renserve
R

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
which cutter (brand) do you use
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • BAL

Votes: 27 31.0%