Discuss Which grout/adhesive/boards to use?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jwatson

6mm would be fine. i would put serious thought into using a tanking kit in your shower area.
And in terms of the hardibacker, is a 6mm board fine for simple boxing in of pipes etc? Also I'm now quite happy that the Bal adhesive/grout are the ones to use...are they both mould resistant?....And what about sealant? Something long lasting and mould resistant would obviously be great.

My plan is to buy this stuff online this week so it's delivered in the next week or so

Reply to Which grout/adhesive/boards to use?? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Friendly
I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just wondering what the general consensus is with grout for a shower. I have epoxy grouted...
Replies
Views
Hello, I did some reading here and there, but the opinions seem to diverge at some point and I...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Which grout/adhesive/boards to use??
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.