Discuss Which Sigma? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

DP Tiling

I have a 3CM max , the thing is an animal, I used to have a tx700 but sold it to buy a sigma, I have never looked back, it's much more sturdy,lighter, more breaking power and the machine is just totally without fault. To me the hand/ wrist action of the original pull to score sigma design feels cackhanded and I often can't generate the force to score the tile properly using that method. That being said, pull to score is much faster when you get the hang of it and you have the advantage of resting the tile against the bar when scoring because you are going towards the bar not pushing away from it. You can use the max handle as a pull too but I don't think it is as good at doing this as the original sigma handles if I'm honest.

For an ex Rubi user like myself the push to score mechanism of the max series is going to be easier for you to get to grips with so for that reason the 3CM /3C2M/ 3C3M would be my recommendation the latter 2 machines are newer and have the facility to easily change handles and the handles themselves can be purchased from tradetiler at a reasonable price and will allow experimentation with different scoring techniques without the need to buy a new machine. Hope this helps.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Which Sigma? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views
Seen a video on instagram of the new Sigma 4 cutters but didn’t quite show them close Up and the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking at getting a sigma. I am contemplating between the sigma ceramic cutter...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Welcome to the Which Tile Cutter is Best? Thread I'm tidying up the forum a little bit, and in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB