Discuss Which stone sealer do you use in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
Hi, jules . While still available use a solvent based impregnator in a wet room situation, water based also fine but reacts differently showing shadows as water penetrates the capillary .

If you know the make of the original impregnator you can deep clean this back with a light alkali cleaning product ,leave until fully dry ,several days and re impregnate with the same product. When applying, saturate the product in small controlled sections for saturation time then remove all excess with a cloth or towel - do not leave a wet look finish to dry in !!!

If you do not know the original sealer , strip back impregnator with a suitable stripper , leave 5-7 days or until fully dry to release all moisture. Re- seal with your chosen impregnator . This will ensure there is no congealing with the old impregnator, maintain with the recommended daily cleaner for the impregnator .

Wet areas and shower enclosures impregnate every 1-1/2 - 2 years rest should do 4-5 years if correctly maintained

Cheers

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Hampshire
Are solvent based impregnators likely to be withdrawn?

Hi , probably not for a long time, it will happen eventually , As with many products( paints ) regulation will push us all to safer water based product. have been saying there going for twenty years at lithofin . After twenty five years applying solvent based as a restorer , I prefere water based ( so does my brain after a day after day of it) . Once we get passed ( if it doesn't smell it obviously doesn't work bit) these products are perfectly suitable for all aspects of tiling .

And safer. Although your all wearing your sprayers cartridge masks when using solvents ( aren't you!!!)
Cheers bob

I

Ian

This is the only decent one I can find, I'm back on weds afternoon to add a couple of pieces behind the log burner so, I'll get a couple then
image.jpg

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Liverpool
DryTreat Original is now my favourite impregnator. I tend to recommend this to my customers if they can afford it! I have no issues using Lithofin products whatsoever. Always found them to be great. Fila I've used once. It failed. Lithofin products sorted the problem. I last used Mattstone about 15 years ago.

W

White Room

DryTreat Original is now my favourite impregnator. I tend to recommend this to my customers if they can afford it! I have no issues using Lithofin products whatsoever. Always found them to be great. Fila I've used once. It failed. Lithofin products sorted the problem. I last used Mattstone about 15 years ago.

Is drytreat the one that has to be used with certain time restraints when opened.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Which stone sealer do you use in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
O
I might need to seal some grout on a job tomorrow,but don't fancy the 60 mile round trip to get...
Replies
Views
On one
O
Which waterproof tanking system do you use to tank your showers / bathrooms / wetrooms? If your...
Replies
Views
I like to use a water based sealer on stone without to high a surface tension , I've mainly used...
Replies
Views
T
Hi New to the forum and new to tiles and underfloor heating. Hope you will be able to take some...
Replies
Views
TinyFlat
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB