UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Which waterproofing/tanking products do you use... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob Z

Noble TS membrane and Noble Chloraloy pan liner.
Mapei HPG liquid.
Redguard liquid.
Laticrete Hydroban liquid.
not on the list, maybe not available in the UK.

A point to note, notwithstanding the existing codes, plaster/gypsum of any kind is not acceptable as a substrate in wet areas as it is food for mold and will create toxic mold cultures in those areas eventually in spite of all you do to prevent it.
The way to avoid black mold death is to not give it food in the first place.
Use concrete backer or better yet MgO backer board as it provides no food for mold at all.

An old thread, but interesting to note that I use all the same products as does Alberta. Fortunately, we are moving away from any gypsum in wet areas, but local codes are still able to opt-out.

W

wall2floortilin

dave, i have switched to granfix for the wet room instillatilon about 2 years ago from bal. 10 years ago i painted a bal 1 product cardboard box with the tanking kit it came in, dropped in a half sheet of mosaic, its still there with the water changed once a month, so it doesnt get mouldy, for crying out loud this is 3 mm cardboard box and still it holds water, they all amount to the same product but i stick with mapei adhesives for adhesision as at the momnent its the best on the market. happy tiling

S

sstilingservice

I use Bal WP1 myself find it very simple to use. Tile a wet room for a customer a few weeks ago and he had tanked out his room with Tile Safe OMG !!! What a bloody nightmare I had !!!!!!!!!!! He had over lapped the the sheets air bubbles behind and had injected his walls with Expanding foam which caused the plaster board to bulge out in places AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH Never ever ever again !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looked nice in the end but my god did I have to work some magic !!! Thank the good lord above for Rubi battern stands that's all I say :thumbsdown::incazzato:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Which waterproofing/tanking products do you use... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Useful
Hi, Im looking for a recommendation for a liquid tanking. I have to use a liquid tanking...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone please give me some advice. I have an old bathroom and I want to turn it into a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, probably a pretty common question but I'm going around in circles looking online for a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.