• Thread starter Colour Republic
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 677
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss Whisky in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

I'm sure some of you Scottish boys could help me on this one.

I've just been sent 2 quite nice (I believe?) bottles of whisky from a guy on a forum I helped out with advice and supplying him with a kitchen up near Glasgow.

I saved him nearly £600! but I didn't do it expecting anything back, just the same as members do on here day in day out, but it was a very welcome gesture.

Now I'm not a big whisky drinker and I wouldn't normally spend a lot on it because I've always thought it would be wasted on me, as with whisky I would normally mix with coke but I get the impression that would be criminal with these ones.

So to see if I can get the taste and appreciate them as they should be, what's the best way to drink them? What sort of temperature and is it best for a 'beginner' to mix with water to start with?

The bottles are a 10YO Talisker and a 10YO Glenmorangie with 2 quite nice crystal tumblers

T

Time's Ran Out

Never tried the Talisker but the 10YO Glenmorangie is a single malt whiskey.
When I used to drink it was Famous Grouse - a blended whiskey - and that went down very well straight from the bottle without any cubes of water!
As is often spoken - whiskey is an aquired taste - and therefore you may only feel the real pleasure of these bottles right at the end - especially when you still have about £60-00 in your pocket!
Enjoy.

Reply to Whisky in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I've put down quite a bit of tile over the years but always worked with backerboard. I'm...
Replies
Views
Zack Mc
Z
Hi guys, After some tips on laying relatively sizeable tiles (300x600 upto the plank like tiles...
Replies
Views
Dumbo
D
A
Hi everyone. Apologies in advance if this post is a little long winded. Couple of years ago, a...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
2 3 4
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Whisky
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks