Discuss Who Hates When in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tomtiler

we have just finished tiling a morrissons in bathgate where they have ran loads scissor lifts over our tiles without protection so as u can guese loads broken tiles and the agent on site turns round and says dont worry about the broken tiles u will get payed to fix them im like well if you protected the floor we wouldnt have this problem these agents just dnt no how long it takes to dig up and replace tiles then when u do because there in the middle of the floor somehow even with it barricaded off someone still manages to stand on them just wondering who else hates this lol rant over:hurray:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I'm sure I've posted this story before, but the worst case of this type of madness happened on a Lidl store. After laying 180M2 on the tuesday, in sand and cement 70mm semi-dry. I arrived on wednesday 8.00am, to find our screeder Tony walking towards me waving his hands and shaking his head, he said" Phil you don't want to go in there".

Tony and his son used to start at 6.00am, so they would normally have 70/80 m2 ready for my team to get started on (tiling). this morning was different. We enter the store to find in the region of 150M2 destroyed. We find out the reason for this carnage is due to the two security personelle charged with preventing local children from riding their push bikes on our newly laid floor decided during the night they were unable to sleep due to the florescent lighting being to bright, as they could not find the switches, in their wisdom they decided to remove the starter motors from each unit by way of driving a 1.5 tonne scissor lift over the newly laid tiles. Literally driving on and reversing off backwards & forwards to reach each individual florecent fitting.

As you can imagine non of the members of my team were very pleased to say the least, and one valued member after erecting an improvised scaffold was persuaded to take the noose from one of the security guys necks. He was so outraged that he decided to leave the site and could not be persuaded to return.

As for the hapless pair of security guards, one of them remarked to me feeling sorry for himself "this damage is going to be deducted from our wages" to which I replied "I hope you lead a very healthy life style because by my reckoning, on your wages it will take you about 600 years to work this fiasco off. (Plonkers)!!!:mad2:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Who Hates When in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I'm having my kitchen renovated and the tiler came last week and did the floor tiles. They're...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
  • Article
If you've been on any of the Goldtrowel Tiling Courses then please leave feedback and reviews in...
Replies
Views
D
:thumbsdown:Hi everyone I'm sitting in my conservatory looking at my mess of a WHITE crystal...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Who Hates When
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.