Discuss Who is to blame? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Pebbs

I swear to God, I will never take another instruction with out a purchase order attached to it again. We put our trust in people to often to do the right thing, to many times. The only thing we can trust the majority of main contractors to do these days is to effectively squash the life out of their sub contractors. In the last 12 months I have seen some very reputable and long established tiling and stone firms go down the pan, because they hit a bad contract, and were in the end bought to their knees.

Eight months ago I lost a big contract to a competitor, I don't like losing contracts, and I didn't like losing this one, but in fairness the competition are a good firm, so there were no hard feelings. Yesterday my supplier rang me up, to tell me that the other firm who got the job, had just been slaughtered by the main contractor, because the client didn't like the colour of the marble in the bathrooms. This is after they had submitted the samples in, got the sample area done and approved and were instructed to proceed. 14 bathrooms into the job, they have now been rejected. All the marble for the remaining bathrooms has been cut and is ready. How the hell is a company going to survive something of this nature, I just don't know. Some may say well its one less company to compete with, but that's not the point, instances like this are too common these days.

My Contracts Director summed it up, he said 'fighting with these main contractors is like being in a boxing ring with your hands tied behind your back you just get battered all the time'.

Im off to watch Rocky 2 now, to see if I can pick up any tips :fuk2:

Lynn

Reply to Who is to blame? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
I see and hear all to often of the horror stories when someone hires a supposed tiler only to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I was hoping to get some input/help on this situation. Background: We had 12 x 24"...
Replies
Views
Hi! Could I get some advice on my tiling? It's just been done last week by a tiler by trade but...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I would just like to start off by saying that I've been in the construction industry...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Who is to blame?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.