Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Why chase for contracts when you havent got a hope in hell of getting them? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

SandyFloor

What I used to do when I was in construction as a subbie was to complete and return the more desirable tenders as requested. I would then find out, usually with a call to the architects, all the other main contactors pricing the same job and then call the estimators and forward it to them. After that I would regularly call a main contractor estimator and ask if they'd been successful and if not who was.

You then have the contractor who has the contract and it's no problem to find the name of the QS who will have a copy of your tender. Then you have a name to pester and have a far greater chance.

Just a thought because I hated pricing for someone who was also pricing so I made sure the the contract winner had my tender and it quite often paid off.

Reply to Why chase for contracts when you havent got a hope in hell of getting them? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

K
Hello, I am new to this site and seeking some advice on the tiling in our new bathroom. We are...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T
E
So I'm having trouble with a customer relating to grout (Bal Micromax) I have tiled 70 sq...
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
M
Had an bust up/argument with tiler today. Usually use someone else but this guy came recommended...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
R
well client came in a develper and film star telling me how well his builder was doing every...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Why chase for contracts when you havent got a hope in hell of getting them?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.