UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Why is uk customer service so crap in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I'v been looking for a new laser level, for walls and floors spotted on the internet, FLT Geo systems in the US, selling a PLS2, and the PLSFT90 combo pack for $430 inc delivery, about £265.

I also saw the Leica lino 2+, which is £175+vat. I'm not to sure if this does floor.

I emailed both companies on Monday asking the one in the US, about the UK price, delivery cost, and time for delivery.

And the one in Milton Keynes if that laser does walls, and floors.

Within half an hour I got an email from FLT, saying they would drop the price another $10, send me an invoice at cost price, to keep import duty to a minimum, and deliver in 3 - 5 days.

Got a email off Leica customer service today, say my email as been passed to the relevant dept, and they will be in touch soon. I just think that this is so crap

I think I'll go with the PLS combo, I have only found 1 UK seller of this and its £350.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
As Gary says. English (and I think welsh) put up with it, it's a fact. Loads of tests done by people who notice it and want to get some stats and measure this. And we do genuinely just put up with it. Hence the term 'being english about it' meaning not causing hassle over it.

We don't send food back to the kitchen anywhere near our next country (can't remember what that country is) and out of europe if I remember this rightly, French and Italian send their food back the most (hate to think what's been spat in it! - ironic joke attempt there).

Although customer service in britain can be of good quality as we know what we expect when we provide customer service, it also means we're suckers when it comes to getting poor service. We just don't go that hotel again, or don't use that bus route again, etc etc. Though it would improve customer service and quality of services in general if we did.

Companies in the UK pay thousands of pounds more compared to most other european countries to market research opinions as we just don't give them often enough naturally! Fact!

And I say England and Wales there because apparently Scottish and Irish DO complain more than us, and as a result DO see an improvement in customer service in general from the reputable firms. And we tend to find that spreads a bit eventually with the likes of banks and whatnot to the rest of the UK, so it's a good thing.

And I think the Yanks take it on the chin easier. They sort of treat customer service as just that, so the person with an issue isn't being personal to the customer service guy helping with the problem, but might actually be shouting at them a bit. They seem to treat the problem as if it is theirs too, and really explain things well to deal with it well. We just don't have that in us in the UK I think. We take offence to people complaining at us whether it is actually at us, or just about a product the company we work for sells in the millions (like a phone network for example - I'm sure you've all had a bit of a falling out with one of them in your lifetime).

I used to work in customer service and sales (split pin for the phones) for Phones4U when I first started there and they put me on just sales in the end as I took things too personally. "What, you've dropped your phone in the loo and are now not paying your bill as you can't use the phone, and you want to speak to my manager about it as I'm not cancelling your contract for you? - Were you drunk when you did it?" Rather than "...." can't think of what would of been right for that scenario as I'm not American!!!! lol

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Whether you give it them or not is up to you though mate. They'd still fill your coffee mug I bet even if you didn't tip well but kept going back to the same cafe.
And I think as a result, they probably do get tipped well.

I'm trying to think of that recent vote where some european country just said 'no' to some proposed policy and pretty much boycotted something or other to the point of the government doing a U turn instantly. Can't blinking remember what it was about or what country it was! That's the news being on in the background for you! haha

The UK would just never do a protest so silently but harmful like that, we put up with a lot really. We moan a bit, but then talk about the weather. :lol:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Whether you give it them or not is up to you though mate. They'd still fill your coffee mug I bet even if you didn't tip well but kept going back to the same cafe.
And I think as a result, they probably do get tipped well.

I'm trying to think of that recent vote where some european country just said 'no' to some proposed policy and pretty much boycotted something or other to the point of the government doing a U turn instantly. Can't blinking remember what it was about or what country it was! That's the news being on in the background for you! haha

The UK would just never do a protest so silently but harmful like that, we put up with a lot really. We moan a bit, but then talk about the weather. :lol:

Or write a letter to The Daily Mail. :lol:

R

Rob Z

Hi Phil, If the PLS you're considering is from this PLS laser, then I think you'll be happy with the laser. Lots of guys here have PLS gear and really like it. Apparently, if there is a problem you can even end up on the phone with the owner of the company. He called me once and asked for feedback on new laser they were developing, although I've forgotten which one it is.Pacific Laser Systems | The Professional Standard

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Why is uk customer service so crap in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
This was installed by a so called tiler/bathroom fitter. As you can see it was all ripped out...
Replies
Views
diamondtiling
D
S
hiya lads ,long time since i posted ,but here go`s been going 3 and a half years now and had my...
Replies
Views
M
Helloall further to my post a few days ago regarding black starlight quartz tiles, i am about...
Replies
Views
Colour Republic
C
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q
C
WARNING!!! Waffle imminent I know I’ve banged on about it before but it really pays to talk to...
Replies
Views
Richard Edwards
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.