UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Why not be a Plumber .? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

Polishtradesman

Yes, flamer for 15 pounds is really cheapest but it is still possible to solvent. I did not mean mine is like that. I meant that it is still possible to make a job. It is not comfortable but possible. Gazebo yes i fit shower pumps. They got connections like push-fit (these ones i saw got it anyway). Could you expalin why you thing that fitting metal compression instear of plastic joints is mistake. I think metal joint is better then pushfits etc. Might be wrong so please explain but without OMG etc.

M

Muse2k8

Think of it like... Using silicone to stick down a tile and using tile adhesive to stick it down.

Both will hold it but the one designed for it will be better.

Compressions are better for rigid pipe such as copper and push fits on plastic. The push fits such as speed fit etc actually have metal teeth inside pointing back that when the pipe is inserted they grip into the pipe preventing it from being able to come back out (works brill too) where as a compression crushes the olive down. Now on a plastic pipe there is no rigid body behind the olive so instead what the olive does is recede into the wall of the plastic pipe instead. If you can imagine the olive essentially is all that is stopping the pipe popping out. Now if that olive is receding into the pipe body all it does in essence is make the olive smaller and thus the resistance it gives against the compression nut is a lot less making it more susceptible to "pop".

C

Colour Republic

You should really be using push fit on plastic pipe Polish. A lot of what you say is true and the basics of plumbing are quite easy to grasp but even if something works it can still be causing damage.

Like introducing galvinised fittings to central heating systems or fitting shower pumps incorrectly. It not quite as simple as just connecting it all up and away it goes.

I struggle to think of a single trade which doesn't have a technical side to it which is often misunderstood by other trades.

No, you don't need to call a plumber for every little thing but if you're making alterations to a system or fitting bathrooms you really do need more than a basic knowledge of plumbing.
:thumbsup:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
England
I understand what polish is saying, i mean, any tom dick and harry can get a leaflet from b&q or on tinternet on plumbing a bathroom in and follow instructions, to be honest its a piece of shabba dabba do really with all this push fit, which i believe was made for diy :)
,its like any trade,there are easy bits and hard bits, plumbers always get a bee in there bonnet when told this though ;) always thinking they are the cream of the building trade :) :) :) :) :) :)

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?0l4y2w

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Why not be a Plumber .? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is the Plumbers Forums is now Plumbers Talk Discussion Thread As always; a simple ‘logo’...
Replies
Views
Our Plumbers Forum is now on a new domain. www.PlumbersTalk.net is now online. We've...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.