Discuss Tilers: Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM

What I don't get tho is why they haven't perfected the pull along tool box! :mad:
Having to lift one end clear of the floor is a pain in the backside to start with,
they're still bloody heavy.
The handles are never quite long enough and you catch your heels on them when you walk.
And why oh why don't they have stair climbing wheels?????
It's not as if they're some great invention waiting to happen!
Yes I'm already sweating my *** off and it's only the 2nd stage of my journey.
I've still to negotiate Waterloo station and get on to the Jubilee Line to Bomd St. :D:p
Bloody days work to get there Marc :(

Morning all:)

O

Old Mod

Ok so, I'm sure you've heard all this before, but I'll mention it anyway. :)
So where I'm working right now for instance,
No road, pedestrian area only.
Congestion charge £11 a day.
Parking, not 100% sure of the rates there but I can't believe it's less than £4.40 an hour, it's that in residential areas.
That close to Oxford st and Bond St, it's got to be more.
So how much so far?
9 X £4.40 ..... £39.60
Congestion £11. 00
So we're at £51.60 plus fuel, probably around £7-8.00 sat in traffic for a couple hours. Minimum 3hrs travelling there and back from South West London.
So we're at £60 give or take a few pence.
Multiply that by 5 days, we get £300.00 a week, give or take!
Up against the cost of a travel card for seven days, (which allows you unlimited travel throughout London. Buses, trains, tube and DLR)
And that costs £47 for me, to cover zones 1-4
So tight arse? No I don't think so, haha

Reply to Tilers: Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Pro Tilers Tools - Pro Tiling Tools We have a large selection of Pro Tilers Tools online here at...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB