Discuss Tilers: Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com.

I

Italy

job. clean today :(

image.jpeg

O

Old Mod

Off somewhere nice ?

Well I hope so Andy, I'm about to see a job, I've come by tube to test the journey out. It's about an hour, so not that bad.

But if it works out in the next hour, then it'll be worth getting up this early on a Sunday for sure!
It's a few months work, that'll start straight after the new yr.
but we'll see! ;)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Well I hope so Andy, I'm about to see a job, I've come by tube to test the journey out. It's about an hour, so not that bad.

But if it works out in the next hour, then it'll be worth getting up this early on a Sunday for sure!
It's a few months work, that'll start straight after the new yr.
but we'll see! ;)
That's a relief. ....thought you might of been train spotting :).lol

T

Tile Shop

Morning tilers. .. raining here.

I'm actually going to be a tiler today. No pushing pens or drawing with pencils or CAD work for me today.... oh no.

Boss has tasked me with getting some tiling experience today. Nothing fancy but we've had a new kichen put in at work. Which has left me with 2 sqm of walls and 5 of floors to do.

Time to win me that golden turd!

T

Tile Shop

I'm actually going to be a tiler today. No pushing pens or drawing with pencils or CAD work for me today.... oh no.

Boss has tasked me with getting some tiling experience today. Nothing fancy but we've had a new kichen put in at work. Which has left me with 2 sqm of walls and 5 of floors to do.

Time to win me that golden turd!

Well. That was a fun day. Managed to get the wall tiled but not grouted. Got interrupted every 5 bloody minutes with people asking questions. Doing half bond 10x10s in the company colours with a company slogan done in scrabble tiles through the middle. Having to do angled cuts around the socket and bottom of the wall unit with nippers and a file as the merch team took the wet cutter and the boss wouldn't give me a new one.

But, i loved it.... apart from the mitres. Don't like them much. One internal angle on the trim and it took me 5 attempts. And its shocking. You'll see tomorrow. Powdered adhesive mixed wrong 3 times. Then got it everywhere when troweling it in the wall. Still need to go out with a tiler to get some tips, but i'm happy with my efforts as a total novice.

Its all very well being able to give the correct advise, but putting it into practice is a whole new story. I can see now the difference with what a pro can do compared to a "have a go hero" like me and the average DIYer. So big respect to you guys who are skilled at it and can make money from doing it as a living.

But everyone has to start somewhere and i didn't dot or dab a single tile even though the wall is on the wonk. Grout it tomorrow, pictures will be up not long after and the poo award will be mine.

Reply to Tilers: Why Not Say Good Morning Before Work? in the General Off-topic Chat area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers...
Replies
Views
Pro Tilers Tools - Pro Tiling Tools We have a large selection of Pro Tilers Tools online here at...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
Topps Tiles in-store or online - Genuine Feedback, Positive or Otherwise. I used to work in a...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB