Discuss Working in France in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

borgie

i have worked in the south of france. nice pace of life there. start at 7 til 12 then 3 -5 in the afternoon. this was the opening times of the suppliers too. nothing open on a sunday and some places open sat mornings. the french addy and grout was good. you can get mapei over there.not sure how the french tilers would take to you. we didn't really make any friends over there and we did try, our french was pretty poor though, basic high school standard. i hope everything goes well over there if you do decide to go.

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
manchester
May be on the move to France next year (wife may be asked to relocate for her job to Paris).

Has anyone any experience of working as a tiler in France?

Thanks all..
hi bushwhaker i ,lived in france a few years ago for 2 years really enjoyed it. but i was in the brittany region more countryfied, my french was terrible. but after trawling through a few job agencies i got on with a french commercial tiling company and after a few months they took me on fulltime,and that was how i learned my french,it wasnt fun being the only english guy on the building site not knowing what they were calling me:chinese: but i was soon givin it em bak.my experience with the french, you couldnt wish to meet nicer people.i wish i was bak there :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 1779

As a manufacturer (looking for distributors) We have been trying to crack the French market for tools for a number of years with limited success. Our diamond core drills are called foret diamant in french and we even had a domain set up to service the French to search for us and buy goods.

But apparently the tools market in France is a totally different arena to the UK.

If you are out there and can get us any contacts (we will reward ANYONE for this) then please shout.

Note to other readers we are constantly looking for good routes to retail markets in all countries. If you have a lead or source let us know.

But it was the French market that was a very difficult nut to crack. And we are still trying!

Good luck with your new life and stay in touch with the forum.

RICHARD

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Working in France in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, i'm undertaking all of the tiling in our project. I have two different types of 600mm tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. Im a carpenter who has tiled a fair few floors over the years as i fit a lot of...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
I know it wasn't all of them but it must have been all the ones that were working well that got...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Working in France
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.