Discuss working with sheet-mounted glass mosaics-suggestions needed for solving a problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colour Republic

Hope yopu get it sorted Rob ;)

If it was me I would cut the plaster and dry wall back just enough to get the tiles in, grout then afterwards take so outline tape, follow the curve of the ceiling maybe 1-2mm down on the tiles, apply a thin bead of decorators caulk, paint in with the ceiling and remove tape which would give you a nice crisp transition.

This sort of tape is used quite a lot in custom body shops

This is quite a good demo of the type of tape i'm on about

[video=youtube;n3R8h6u4EI0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3R8h6u4EI0[/video]

R

Richard Edwards

Glass Mosaic's - Wet Rm - Wedi Deck 015-WEB.jpg Glass Mosaic's - Wet Rm - Wedi Deck 009.jpg-En-Comp.jpg

As Mosaic Girl is a real pro on this subject, I would take her advice any day. I have however, used my Rubi TX1200 fitted with a mosaic separator tool - also Rubi and it will cut curves as well, you have to ease the pressure off the glass and turn it slightly. Those ultra thin mosaics are a real challenge, take a look at these - 3mm thick - Italian and paper mounted.

R

Rob Z

The Leonitt nippers worked really well (thank you Gisela). The only aggravation was working with the paper-face mounted stuff. For the mesh mounted stuff nibbling away with these biters was a breeze.

I used the Festool Rotex 90 sander to clean up, grind, and polish edges, as needed. Festool sells pads which can be used to polish cut edges.

I'm waiting for the decorative glass panel to get installed, and then I'll get some photos to share.

Thanks for the help. I hope everyone is doing well over in the UK. We've been busy/hectic over here.

Richard, that's a fine looking installation! Very nice.

Reply to working with sheet-mounted glass mosaics-suggestions needed for solving a problem in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
I'm redoing our bathroom and looking for some advice on tiling backer boards in relation to the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
working with sheet-mounted glass mosaics-suggestions needed for solving a problem
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.